Nokia is a world leader in mobile communications, driving the growth and sustainability of the broader mobility industry. Nokia connects people to each other and the information that matters to them with easy-to-use and innovative products like mobile phones, devices and solutions for imaging, games, media and businesses. Nokia provides equipment, solutions and services for network operators and corporations. SELECTION CRITERIA:
To conduct the segmentation of Nokia . I am using the lifestyle and psychographic basis. And the descriptors of segmentation are:
STEP 1: WHAT ARE THE VARIOUS POSSIBLE SEGMENTS? :
* Range 1: (1000 – 5000) Workers and labourer(people who visit dhabas) FEATURES:
* Mostly used by the manual workers because they cannot afford a high price mobile phone * Some students also use cell phone
* simple phones who only meet the purpose of messaging and calling. * phones do not have additional features such as camera, blue tooth or infra red * The only feature available in this phone is FM radio which is most preferred by laborers, security and watch men.
* Range2: (5000 – 9000) middle managers(people who visit small eateries) FEATURES:
* Main users of this segment are middle managers because they have limited and average salary and cannot afford to spend it on unnecessary expenses. do not keep mobile for show off purpose * core feature of this segment is Audio Video Player, FM Radio Camera, EDGE, * GPRS and Expandable Memory
* This segment offers up to maximum 3 hours of talk time
* Affordable, business tool for any occasion.
* Range 3: (9000 – 15000) university students(visit ccd;s,nd like places) FEATURES:
* The cell phones falling in this range are mostly used and popular in university or college students * These cells have a stylish look and have all the essential features such as...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document