Psychological Disorder Analysis
Marla is 42 years old Hispanic female who came to the facility complaining of trouble sleeping, feeling jumpy all the time, and experiencing an inability to concentrate. As a result of these symptoms its causing problems for her at work. She is seeking help in order to function better not only at work, but also at home. Marla symptoms are vague and fit many psychology disorders more information will have to obtain in order for diagnosis.(Appendix A)
Marla's symptoms match with ADHD, Major depression, Posttraumatic stress disorder, Anxiety, and Bipolar disorder in a manic period. All though these will have to be ruled out one by one upon my first impression ADHD, or Posttraumatic stress disorder is most likely the diagnosis. More information will be obtain on Marla and a diagnosis will be confirmed with possible cause for the disorder. Once a diagnosis can be confirmed a treatment plan will be in place to help Marla to function at work and home as well.(mhhe.com)
A clinical interview was done on Marla in order to get more information on background and what is happing currently in her life. Clinical Interview Question:
1. What is the reason that brought you in today?
2. When you think back about your childhood what do you remember the most? 3. What is your relationship like with your parents now?
4. How would you describe what you are feeling?
5. Who do you feel the closest to? Why?
6. What activities do you like to engage in?
7. How is your relationship with your friends and family? 8. How do you see yourself now?
9. Where do you see your life in 5 years?
10. What would you like to get out of our sessions?
During the interview with Marla noticing her body langue, how she answered the question along with her tone suggest ruling out multiple disorders. Major depression is not a factor do to no feeling of sadness, loss, anger,...