CHANGE MANAGEMENT PLAN
VERSION NUMBER: 1.0
Notes to the Author
[This document is a template of a Change Management Plan document for a project. The template includes instructions to the author, boilerplate text, and fields that should be replaced with the values specific to the project.
• Blue italicized text enclosed in square brackets ([text]) provides instructions to the document author, or describes the intent, assumptions and context for content included in this document.
• Blue italicized text enclosed in angle brackets () indicates a field that should be replaced with information specific to a particular project.
• Text and tables in black are provided as boilerplate examples of wording and formats that may be used or modified as appropriate to a specific project. These are offered only as suggestions to assist in developing project documents; they are not mandatory formats.
When using this template, the following steps are recommended: 1. Replace all text enclosed in angle brackets (e.g., ) with the correct field document values. These angle brackets appear in both the body of the document and in headers and footers. To customize fields in Microsoft Word (which display a gray background when selected) select File->Properties->Summary and fill in the appropriate fields within the Summary and Custom tabs.
After clicking OK to close the dialog box, update all fields throughout the document selecting Edit>Select All (or Ctrl-A) and pressing F9. Or you can update each field individually by clicking on it and pressing F9.
These actions must be done separately for any fields contained with the document’s Header and Footer. 2. Modify boilerplate text as appropriate for the specific project.
3. To add any new sections to the document, ensure that the appropriate header and body text styles are maintained. Styles used for the Section Headings are Heading 1, Heading 2 and Heading 3. Style used for boilerplate text is Body Text.
4. To update the Table of Contents, right-click on it and select “Update field” and choose the option - “Update entire table”.
5. Before submission of the first draft of this document, delete this instruction section “Notes to the Author” and all instructions to the author throughout the entire document.
[PROVIDE INFORMATION ON HOW THE DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION OF THE CHANGE MANAGEMENT PLAN WILL BE CONTROLLED AND TRACKED. USE THE TABLE BELOW TO PROVIDE THE VERSION NUMBER, THE AUTHOR IMPLEMENTING THE VERSION, THE DATE OF THE VERSION, THE NAME OF THE PERSON APPROVING THE VERSION, THE DATE THAT PARTICULAR VERSION WAS APPROVED, AND A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE REASON FOR CREATING THE REVISED VERSION.]
|Version |Implemented |Revision |Approved |Approval |Description of | |Number |By |Date |By |Date |Change | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Purpose of The Change Management Plan
Change management Process
Change Request Process Flow Requirements
Change Request Form and Change Management Log
Evaluating and Authorizing Change Requests
Change Control Board
Appendix A: Change Management Plan Approval
APPENDIX B: REFERENCES
APPENDIX C: KEY TERMS
1 PURPOSE OF THE CHANGE MANAGEMENT PLAN
[PROVIDE THE PURPOSE OF THE...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document