ARE THEY READY TO PUT “AVOCADOS”ON THEIR FACES
I. POINT OF VIEW
Mr. Willy Tan’s Marketing Consultant
Mr. Willy Tan was equally enthusiastic about the new product, but is confronted
with the problem whether to accept or reject Mr. Ricky Bautista’s proposal to
market the VCP ‘sbnew line of herbal astringents for distribution in the market controlled byEskinol, the leading astringent brand.
To assess and evaluate Mr. Ricky Bautista, presiden of Vive ChemPhils.proposal would enable Mr. Willy Tan, KMC’s product manager to penetrate the market and compete with the leading brands like; Eskinol, Ponds, Splash and other existing brands in the facial care industry.
IV. CRITERIA / AREAS OF CONSIDERATION
1. ProVIVEherbal astringent product line is very new to the market
2. Vive ChemPhilippineswas a manufacturing company set up by a group of chemists and chemical engineers involved in developing new products primarily for industrial use.
3. VCP was already supplying industrial chemicals to the agricultural division of the KM Group of Companies.
4. Both KMI and KMC were subsidiaries of the KM Group of Companies, one of the top 10 holding corporations in the Philippines.
5. KMC was a marketing arm of King Match, Inc.(KMI), the largest manufacturer of matches in the Philippines and was handling the distribution and marketing of matches, paper products, cooking oil and margarine.
V. ALTERNATIVE COURSES OF ACTION
1. Reject Mr. Ricky Bautista’s proposal and continue/focus on handling the distribution and marketing of matches, paper products, cooking oil and margarine, which Mr. Willy Tan already well established.
Mr. Willy Tan’s distribution and marketing of his existing and well established products were successful. The products were readily available in the market and no major competitor . Furthermore, try to target/venture to global market...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document