Under the 1973 constitution of Pakistan parliamentary pattern has been implemented in the provinces. It is a common practice in federal states that the pattern of government operating in the centre is also followed by the federating units. Appointment
How provisional governor is appointed in Pakistan according to constitution of Pakistan * Selected by president on recommendation of Prime minister. * Should be old than 35 years.
* Should be resident of same province.
* Completely capable being an MNA
* If appointed as MNA or MPA the person need to leave that post. * Should take oath from high court chief justice of same province * Should be listed as voter in the same province.
* In absence of Governor Speaker provisional assembly will be governor.
Oath of office
Before entering upon office, the Governor shall make before the Chief Justice of the High Court. Speaker Provincial Assembly to act as, or perform functions of Governor in his absence: When the Governor, by reason of absence from Pakistan or for any other cause, is unable to perform his functions, the Speaker of the Provincial Assembly and in his absence any other person as the President may nominate shall perform the functions of Governor until the Governor returns to Pakistan or, as the case may be, resumes his functions. Conditions for Holding Governor's office
* The Governor shall not hold any office of profit in the service of Pakistan of occupy any other position carrying right to remuneration for the rendering of services. * The Governor shall not be a candidate for election as a member of Majlis-e-Shoora or a Provincial Assembly and, if a member of Majlis-e-Shoora Parliament or a Provincial Assembly is appointed as Governor, his seat in Majlis-e-Shoora Parliament, as the case may be, the Provincial Assembly shall become vacant on the day he enters upon his office.
Powers of Governor:
Appointment of Advocate-general: