A Research Paper Submitted to the
Faculty of Victorious Christian Montessori – Imus
Block 11 Lot 36 Tacloban St. Southern City Tanzang Luma, Imus Cavite
In Partial Fulfillment of
The Requirements for Graduation
Rachelle Ann Calaustro
Dylan Andrei Paus
In our Grade School Life, we are really going to need glue. First problem is some of students can’t afford expensive glue because of difficulty in money; the effect is, now the students are enabled to do their project or artwork because of lack of glue. The second problem, glue can be a risk for the children to use because some of glue has toxic chemicals that can harm them. And the researchers don’t want that to happen. The researchers thought of an idea that will solve the problems of many people. So the researchers come up with the idea of using Powdered Milk as Casein Glue. This glue is non-toxic and is eco-friendly. This cannot harm the children and is much cheaper than the glue that is sold in the stores because some of the ingredients can usually find in the house. It becomes more interesting for the children to use it because we add some coloring in them.
1. To provide glue that is non-toxic so it won’t be a risk for the children/people to use it. To test and compare the level of adhesiveness, texture, color and odor perceived by the selected users ( Pupils and Teachers )
Significance of the Study
The researchers believed that the result of this study benefited the following:
1. To the Students. This will help the students in their project or artworks in class or in the house.
2. To the Kids. This will not harm the kids if they accidentally eat it.
3. To the People. This will help them to consider our glue instead of other glue.
4. Researchers. This will help them to analyze what is the importance of making an eco-friendly project.
Scope and Delimitation (Focus and Directions)
The study covers only to produce and test the effectiveness of powdered milk as casein glue.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Curd- are a dairy product obtained by curdling (coagulating) milk with rennet or an edible acidic substance such as lemon juice or vinegar, and then draining off the liquid portion. The increased acidity causes the milk proteins (casein) to tangle into solid masses, or curds.
Coagulate- To cause transformation of (a liquid or solid) into or as if into a soft, semisolid, or solid mass.
Casein (AnacardiumOccidentale) -is a protein that is found in milk and used independently in many foods as a binding agent. Technically, it is part of a group called phosphoproteins, collections of proteins bound to something containing phosphoric acid. It may also be called caseinogens, particularly in Europen food.
Ingredients and Materials Needed
|Powdered milk |White Vinegar | |Baking soda | Water | |Food Coloring |Sieve |...