1. To create and maintain a satisfactory level of performance. 2. To contribute to the employee growth and development through training, self and management development programmes. Tata Power aims at employee development through performance appraisal. 3. To help the superiors to have a proper understanding about their subordinates 4. to guide the job changes with the help to continuous ranking 5. To facilitate fair and equitable compensation based on performance. 6. To facilitate for testing and validating selection tests, interview techniques through comparing their scores with performance appraisal ranks. 7. to prove information for making decisions regarding lay off, retrenchment etc as in the case of Hyundai Engineering 8.
The Advantages are:
1. Good quality products are created
2. Customer satisfaction is high
improved company performance
reduced customer complaints
People do not like change so dislike change management
People have to meet compliance levels
demands on partner/suppliers to achieve like for like efficiencies are disliked Nowhere to hide for people not meeting set standards
poor management are highlighted very quickly
The Disadvantages are:
1. It involves people and money
2. Sometimes quality control is not 100% efficient
11. Quality Circle Training
Ishikawa emphasized the importance of training quality circle participants in problem solving and failure analysis, and providing QC participants the appropriate quality assurance tools to solve problems. In actuality, employees may not receive formal problem-solving training, such as the conduct of brainstorming sessions or technical training appropriate to the problem at hand. In addition, personnel may...