1.1 Describe the factors to take into account when planning healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments and services INDOOR ENVIRONMENT
1. Building and maintenance:
1.1 Doors opening into entrances and exits from the building must not be capable of being opened by young children. 1.2 The floors should be even and easily cleaned ie. no carpets, but a vinyl or lino floor which can be washed and sterilised daily. 1.3 Electrical sockets covered
1.4 There should be sufficient light and air.
1.5 The heating should be adequate- neither too warm nor too cold.
2. Cleanliness of general environment
2.1 High standard of cleanliness throughout the buildings
2.2 Spillages should be immediately cleaned.
2.3 Toilet areas should be regularly cleaned and checked
3. Food preparation areas:
3.1All staff dealing with food should have food hygiene certificate 3.2all regulations relating to food storage should be in place
4. Safe storage and use of equipment
4.1 Cupboards at children’s level should not contain cleaning items, knives or any dangerous items 4.2 Toys with very small parts should be kept away from children under three years of age. 4.3 Heaters and radiators should be covered when not in use.
1. Outdoor slides, swings and so on should be safe and have impact absorbing matting provided. 2. The hard ground should be even and easily swept.
3. Grassy areas should be kept tidy and mown regularly.
4. Rubbish must be removed at least daily.
5. The whole area must be fenced for security and children should not be able to open gates. 6. A shed should be available in which to store outdoor equipment. 7. Sandpits should be kept covered when not in use.1
1.2Explain how health and safety is monitored and maintained and how people in the work setting are made aware of risks and hazards and encouraged to work safely
Health and safety is monitored and...