3.| INTODUCTION OF THE COMPANIES|
4.| COMPARISION OF MARKETING STRATEGY|
5.| DATA ANALYSIS|
6.| DATA REPORT|
I would like to thank my teacher Mrs. Grace for her extensive support in the completion of this entrepreneurship project and also providing me with help full tips. This project has enlightened me and made me more aware of the product. I would also like to thank all my classmates for their help in doing this project.
The main aim of this project is to compare and identify the various marketing strategies followed by two of the world’s best sports company’s Adidas and Nike as they have been in rivalry for a long time. I would also like to find out the strengths and weakness of both the companies.
INTRODUCTION OF THE COMPANIES
Adidas AG is a German sports apparel manufacturer and parent company of the Adidas Group, which consists of the Reebok sportswear company, golf company (including Ashworth), and Rockport. Besides sports footwear, the company also produces other products such as bags, shirts, watches, eyewear, and other sports and clothing-related goods. The company is the largest sportswear manufacturer in Europe and the second-biggest sportswear manufacturer in the world, with American rival Nike being the biggest. Adidas was founded in 1948 by Adolf "Adi" Dassler, following the split of Gebrüder Dassler Schuhfabrik between him and his older brother Rudolf. Rudolf later established Puma, which was the early rival of Adidas. Registered in 1949, Adidas is currently based in Herzogenaurach, Germany, along with Puma. The company's clothing and shoe designs typically feature three parallel bars, and the same motif is incorporated into Adidas's current official logo. The "Three Stripes" were bought from the Finnish sport company Karhu Sports in 1951. The company revenue for 2009 was listed at€10.38 billion and the 2008 figure at €10.80 billion. Marketing strategy of Adidas:-
* The core benefit is to satisfy consumers’ needs or want. * Caters for different needs and wants of consumer
* Uphold its brand by constantly upgrading and improving products’ innovative features and quality to satisfy its customers. * Today, Adidas has established itself as a strong brand for sports apparels. *Price:-
* Adidas is a shopping product
* Able to penetrate the market as it is cheaper than its competitors * Uses market skimming
* Promotion objective
* Become the NO.1 sporting brand in the world.
* Promotion Mix
* Advertising commonly through the mass media.
* Through the use of the internet
* Point of Sale
* ‘Impossible is Nothing’ campaign
* Distributing some of the Adidas products to the various sporting outlets * Adidas outlets
* Online purchasing through the internet
Nike, Inc. (pronounced NKE) is a major publicly traded sportswear and equipment supplier based in the United States. The company is headquartered near Beaverton, Oregon, which is part of the Portland metropolitan area. It is the world's leading supplier of athletic shoes and apparel and a major manufacturer of sports equipment with revenue in excess of US$18.6 billion in its fiscal year 2008 (ending May 31, 2008). As of 2008, it employed more than 30,000 people worldwide. Nike and Precision Cast parts are the only Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the state of Oregon, according to The Oregonian. The company was founded on January 25, 1964 as Blue Ribbon Sports by Bill Bowerman and Philip Knight, and officially became Nike, Inc. on May 30, 1978. The company takes its name from Nike the Greek goddess of victory. Nike markets its products under its own brand as well as Nike Golf, Nike Pro, Nike+, Air...