• Find some information about him and write a short obituary.
• What were his major works?
• What was his major interest in life?
This website http://www.durrell.org/ and some reference sites such as Google or Wikipedia may help you to find information.
Gerald had a brother who became a famous writer.
• What was his name?
• Do you know anything about his life & work?
• Where does the action take place?
• What do you know about the place?
• Draw a map of Greece and locate the island on it. What’s its name in English? And in Greek?
• Why do you think the family moves to that particular island? What was the relation of the island with GB during the XIX-XXth centuries?
• How many houses does the family occupy? Why do they move so much?
• Make a list of the animals that appear in the book. Where does he find them? Are they common in your area?
• Do you like animals? Do you have any pets? What do you think about Gerald’s love of animals?
• What kind of education does little Gerald receive? How are his teachers? Does he like them? Did it affect his professional? future
• How is your education? How are your teachers? Do you think that your education will affect your professional future?
• How is the family life? Is it a conventional family? How do they take decisions?
• Describe your family. How is it? How do you take decisions?
• Write a short summary of the book.
|Do NOT to copy and paste; look for information, read by yourself, understand and reelaborate with your OWN personal words. |
|Do NOT use an automatic translation system, it is very easy to detect and you will have to rewrite your essay. |... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 11). My Family and Other Animals. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/My-Family-And-Other-Animals-823655.html
"My Family and Other Animals" StudyMode.com. 11 2011. 2011. 11 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/My-Family-And-Other-Animals-823655.html>.
- MLA 7
"My Family and Other Animals." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 11 2011. Web. 11 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/My-Family-And-Other-Animals-823655.html>.
"My Family and Other Animals." StudyMode.com. 11, 2011. Accessed 11, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/My-Family-And-Other-Animals-823655.html.