• Find some information about him and write a short obituary. • What were his major works?
• What was his major interest in life?
This website http://www.durrell.org/ and some reference sites such as Google or Wikipedia may help you to find information.
Gerald had a brother who became a famous writer.
• What was his name?
• Do you know anything about his life & work?
• Where does the action take place?
• What do you know about the place?
• Draw a map of Greece and locate the island on it. What’s its name in English? And in Greek? • Why do you think the family moves to that particular island? What was the relation of the island with GB during the XIX-XXth centuries? • How many houses does the family occupy? Why do they move so much?
• Make a list of the animals that appear in the book. Where does he find them? Are they common in your area? • Do you like animals? Do you have any pets? What do you think about Gerald’s love of animals? • What kind of education does little Gerald receive? How are his teachers? Does he like them? Did it affect his professional? future • How is your education? How are your teachers? Do you think that your education will affect your professional future? • How is the family life? Is it a conventional family? How do they take decisions? • Describe your family. How is it? How do you take decisions? • Write a short summary of the book.
|Remember: | |Do NOT to copy and paste; look for information, read by yourself, understand and reelaborate with your OWN personal words. | |Do NOT use an automatic translation system, it is very easy to detect and you will have to rewrite your essay. |...