Book Title - The Hunger Games: Mockingjay
Author - Suzanne Collins Settings: Place – District 2, 12, and 13 and the Capitol, Panem Time – Sometime in the future (not specifically stated) * Katniss goes back to district 12 where she finds the remains of the bombed district. * Katniss takes stock of her new position as a rebel in District 13. * Peeta wasn’t saved from the Quarter Quell and is still kept hostage by the capitol. * Katniss decides to be the Mockingjay for the rebel side and in return she gets immunity and permission to kill President Snow. * Beetee makes Katniss a special weapon.
* Katniss has to be in commercials for the rebel side called propos. * Peeta sent out a coded message to District 13 that the Capitol is going to bomb them, and as a result to that the Capitol releases footage of Peeta being tortured and that disturbs Katniss a lot. * The Capitol bombs District 13, just as Peeta warned them, and the citizens of District 13 go underground for a couple of days until the bombing has stopped. * Katniss makes a propo saying that they will rescue Peeta. * They rescue Peeta and a few other prisoners but Peeta has been brainwashed to hate Katniss and as soon as he sees her he tries to kill her. * They go back to District 2 to decide whether they should attack the Capitol humanely or inhumanely. * Katniss gets shot.
* Katniss reunites with Joanna, another victor from The Hunger Games * Finnick and Annie get married.
* Katniss, Gale, and Finnick are assigned to a special unit that will be filmed during combat and turned into more propos. * They have a plan to kill president snow, but it’s a suicide mission. * Katniss’s sister Prim dies in the battle to kill President Snow. * The rebels have captured President Snow.
* Katniss visits President Snow and he tries to blame President Coin for all that’s happened. * In a meeting right before President Snow’s execution, President Coin says that the remaining victors must vote on should the new rebel government continue with the Hunger Games or not. * Katniss votes in favor for the Hunger Games to start again. * At the execution of President Snow, Katniss was supposed to shoot President Snow with her bow and arrows but instead she shot President Coin. * President Snow died eventually.
* Katniss was acquitted during her trial and she is sent back to District 12 along with Haymitch and Peeta. * Gale has disappears in another District.
* Peeta and Katniss start having a romantic relationship and later they have kids. 1. Katniss is many things: the hunter, the hunted, a friend, a lover, a sister and daughter, a Panem celebrity, and the Mockingjay. But in trying to be so many things to so many people, she loses sight of who she actually used to be a few short years ago. Katniss had a strong and clear identity before she entered the Games. She was a girl who thrived on being her family's caretaker and providing for others. A girl who sought out freedom wherever she could find it. A girl who would protect her little sister, Prim, at all costs, even if it meant dying in the Hunger Games. 2. Katniss's mom is more of an absence than a presence in Mockingjay. Although Katniss gets to spend some time with her mom while they're both refugees in District 13, Katniss is busy training for her position as the Mockingjay and her mother seems every bit as busy working as a valued medic in the hospital. After the tumultuous events of the war, Katniss and her mother are separated again. Katniss's mother is devastated by the loss of Prim, and we can't blame her. Finally, Katniss's mom goes off to help other people in other districts, because she can't bear...