MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question. 1) The failure of NASA's initial solution to preventing the space shuttle shedding foam illustrates: 1) _______ A) the need to prepare for measuring outcomes of a business solution. B) the need to quickly adapt to new technological innovations. C) the continuous nature of problem solving.
D) the importance of training employees on new business processes.
2) In choosing the best solution for a business problem, one of the most important considerations is: 2) _______ A) outcome measurement. B) existing resources and skills. C) employee training. D) change management.
3) Converting raw data into a more meaningful form is called: 3) _______ A) capturing. B) processing. C) feedback. D) organizing.
4) The final step in the four-step model of business problem solving is: 4) _______ A) feedback. B) implementation.
C) outcome. D) change management.
5) Inadequate database capacity is an example of the ________ dimension of business problems. 5) _______ A) management B) technology C) people D) organizational
6) Operations management as a discipline is directly relevant to three occupational categories: 6) _______ A) project managers, production managers, and administrative service managers. B) industrial production managers, operations analysts, and administrative service managers. C) project managers, production managers, and industrial production managers. D) finance, accounting, and management.
7) Which of the following statements is not true? 7) _______ A) The most common and successful offshore outsourcing projects involve production programming and system maintenance programming work, along with call center work. B) The fear that offshore outsourcing will reduce demand for new information system hires in the U.S. is mitigated by the fact that reduced IT...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document