Anth. 102: Exam 2 review (Exam Date: Wednesday 4/17)
Key Terms (know the definitions as well as the context within which they were discussed in class)
Biological species concept
Linnaean system of classification
1. What does the Hardy-Weinberg equation tell us?
2. How do you calculate the genotype, phenotype, and allele frequencies in a living population? 3. How would you calculate the expected frequency of the homozygous dominant, homozygous recessive and heterozygous genotypes using the Hardy-Weinberg Equation? 4. What is the difference between microevolution and macroevolution?
1. What is the biological definition of race?
2. Although race is promoted as a biological concept, what are some of the social consequences it has had? 3. Why is the concept of race not supported by biology?
4. Why are all human groups so genetically similar?
1. What is clinal variation?
2. Name and explain the different types of adaptations.
3. Why is skin color dark near the equator and light away from the equator? 4. What is rickets and what causes it?
5. Explain Bergmann's Rule and Allen's Rule (i.e. Body shape and climate) 6. What are some acclimatizations that occur when people visit high altitudes?
Macroevolution and Systematics
1. What is a Phylogeny?
2. What is the difference between Homologous and Analogous Traits? Give...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document