Nike Swot Analysis Strengths
* A very professionally competitive company.
* Has ownership of no physical factories so production can be moved to a more cost effective location when necessary. * Very well branded among consumers.
* Offers their products worldwide.
* Have offices in forty five different countries.
* Fortune 500 company.
* Employs over thirty thousand people across the world.
* Has a very strong marketing campaign that increases brand familiarity. * Chains of retail stores such as Niketown.
* Has ventured into many different rebranding opportunities with successful results. * Providing lightweight shoes by incorporating lunarlite foam materials.
Read more: http://www.quality-assurance-solutions.com/swot-analysis-nike.html#ixzz2IzMDg4a0 Swot Analysis Nike Weaknesses
* Profits are largely dependent on the footwear products while other branded products are not as strong. * History of violations of over time laws and minimum wage rates in Vietnam. * Accusations of poor conditions in the work place.
* Accusations of exploiting workforces that will work for cheap in overseas countries. * Constant focal point for negative criticism by the anti-globalization groups.
Read more: http://www.quality-assurance-solutions.com/swot-analysis-nike.html#ixzz2IzMHweg2 Swot Analysis Nike Opportunities
* Creating sportswear items by incorporating the waste from regular manufacturing. * Stepping into the line of economy boosting projects that will encourage recycling. * Product development that changes as the trends change.
* Expansion into sport sunglasses and jewelry lines.
* Expansion in the global markets to create larger brand recognition. * Reducing controversy surrounding their trade and production practices.
Read more: http://www.quality-assurance-solutions.com/swot-analysis-nike.html#ixzz2IzMJaFq6 Swot Analysis Nike Threats
* Operating business internationally opens them to the possibilities of currency value fluctuations that can lead to losses. * Competitors are becoming more aggressive and creating high quality products that are taking from the profits of NIKE. * Sensitivity to price among consumers leads them to purchase the most cost effective pair of sports shoes. * Maintaining the reputation of being eco-friendly.
* Managing the financial conditions in the economy today.
Read more: http://www.quality-assurance-solutions.com/swot-analysis-nike.html#ixzz2IzMLVeVp
February 26, 2010 By Hitesh Bhasin Leave a Comment
* Nike is the world’s no. 1 shoemaker. It designs and sells shoes for a variety of sports including baseball, golf, cheerleading, volleyball, tennis and football. * Nike uses a “Make to Stock” customer order which provides a fast service to customers from available stock. * Nike operates Nike Town shoe and sportswear stores, Nike factory outlets and Nike Women shops. Nike sells its products throughout US and in more than 180 countries. * Nike is strong at research and development, as is evidenced by its evolving and innovative product range. They then manufacture wherever they can produce high quality product at the lowest possible price. * Nike is a global brand. It is the number one sports brand in the World. Its famous ‘Swoosh’ is instantly recognizable, and Phil Knight (Founder and CEO) even has it tattooed on his ankle. Weaknesses:
* The income of the business is still heavily dependent upon its share of the footwear market. This may leave it vulnerable if for any reason its market share erodes. * The retail sector is very price sensitive. However, most of its income is derived from selling into retailers. Retailers tend to offer a very similar experience to the consumer. So margins tend to get squeezed as retailers try to pass some of the low price competition pressure onto Nike. Opportunities:
* Product development offers Nike...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document