ASP Tools, Advertising Agency, STP Analysis, message content of advertisements, creative content of the advertisements.| Advertisement & Sales Promotion |
Maggi Noodles Integrated Marketing Communication
Integrated marketing communication is integration of all marketing tools, approaches, and resources within a company which maximizes impact on consumer mind and which results into maximum profit at minimum cost Promotional Tools of Communication:
(I). ASP TOOLS USED BY NESTLE INDIA LIMITED (NIL)
Different Communication Media used by NIL
* PRINT ADS
* Maggi does not focus heavily on print media during its launch since its initial target audience was mothers and kids. * Some advertisements in the print media were used to highlight the convenience factor of Maggi. (As shown below)
* Maggi introduced this advertisement in various magazines in 2003 to celebrate 20 years of its product in India. * Maggi has recently come out with advertisements in some weekly magazines for its new Atta noodles and rice noodles variants. * Maggi rice noodles mania had the highest column centimeter in print during Jan – Aug ’07 among the instant foods category. Growth in noodles/pasta print advertising grew by 42% in Jan-may 05 compared to Jan-may 04. Of this, Maggi vegetable Atta noodles had 92% share. * Maggi’s expenditure on print media is much lower compared to other media. [Source: adex India (a division of tam media research)]
* SALES PROMOTION:
Tools used by Maggi Noodles for Retail Sales Promotion Initiatives: * Exchange schemes
* Price-off offer
* Scratch and win offer
* Money Back offer
* Maggi was distributed free in schools and offices to promote trial * Return gifts on empty packs
* Maggi fun book and stickers with funky animal facts.
* Organized Retail Sales Promotion
* 7% discounts on 6 piece pack (56 MRP), 5 rupee discount on 8 piece pack( 78 MRP). These are promotional schemes given by retailer itself not by NIL. * Company is coming up with schemes like giving one soup pack with 8 piece pack. * In Past, the company has promotional schemes like 4 piece pack with that of 36 instead of 40. * Point of purchase advertising: Point-of-purchase advertising is any form of special display that advertises merchandise. As their main target is children, Maggi packs are usually placed in low counters, shelves or hung in twine baskets within their eye level. Because, children often influence purchases by pestering their parents to buy things on seeing them. * Consumer Promotion: Sampling: Initially NIL aggressively promoted Maggi noodles through several schemes like distributing free samples, giving gifts on their return of empty packs, etc. the company has spent a huge amount of money in communicating the product’s benefit to the target consumers. A Look at the Display:
* Large pack sizes at the top with decreasing pack sizes as going downward. Why? This is because that for a retail outlet the more value is generated large pack thus they try to project big size at convenience place. * Outer display shelves are purchased by company (Reliance mart).
* PUBLIC RELATIONS
* The Maggi Club - the children under 14 were invited by press advertisements and distribution of leaflets to become a member of Maggi club by sending logos cut from 5 empty Maggi wrappers. Maggi projected it as “Maggi clubbers are fun lovers” and intended to use it as reference group. * Benefits offered to Maggi-clubbers are various games like Snap safari game, Cap and mask sets, travel India game, Disney today comic. To obtain each gift the member has to send 5 wrappers as purchase proof. * Some special privileges were given to regular members time to time like, discounted tickets of Appu Ghar. * Organized Maggi school...