|QUARTER 1 |TOPIC 1 |Time Frame: | |Narrative |Elements of Short Story |5 days | |Learners will know: |Learners will be able to: | | |The elements of the short story|Determine the elements of short story in the literary text | | | |Show how elements of short story work together through sharing of own experiences to | | | |help one understand and appreciate the narrative | | | |Compare and contrast the culture of Filipinos and Japanese in terms of family | | | |relations. | | | |Accept one’s strengths and values underscored in the literary text | |
LESSON EXEMPLAR IN ENGLISH II
At this stage, the teacher should be able to do the following:
Invite the learners to answer the Essential Questions “How does the interplay of the elements of short story create a meaningful whole?” and share what they know about elements of a short story that can bring out its meaning.
ACTIVITY 1- Raise The Curtain
• Have the students do the Raise The Curtain exercise where they’ll make sense out of the given set of words by arranging them to come up with a very sensible questions.
• Divide the class into three groups and have them work cooperatively.
(Answer: How does the interplay of the elements of short story create a meaningful whole?)
Activity 2- QUICKIE CLASS SURVEY
• Form small groups of ten and do a QUICKIE SURVEY where they will interview the group members on what they know, what else they want to learn about and what questions they still have to ask/answer about the short story elements.
• Instruct them to plot the following questions and list possible discoveries they have about the short story elements. 1. What do I know about the elements of short story?
2. What else do I want to learn about the elements of the short story? 3. What aret he questions about short story elements that I still have to ask or answer? • Instruct them to plot their answers on the Discovery Report Form as shown.
• Encourage the learners to have the question hour highlighting the question, that is, “How does the interplay of the elements of the short story create a meaningful whole?”
Activity – Song Analysis
• Play the music “Sa Ugoy ng Duyan” by Levi Celerio and Lucio D, San Pedro. - A little background of the writer..
Sa Ugoy ng Duyan
By Lucio D. San Pedro and Levi Celerio
Sana’y di nagmaliw ang dati kong araw Sa aking pagtulog na labis ang himbing Nang munti pang bata sa piling ni nanay Ang bantay ko’y tala, ang tanod ko’y bituin Nais kong maulit ang awit ni inang mahal Sa piling ni nanay, langit ay buhay Awit ng pag-ibig habang ako’y nasa duyan Puso kong may dusa sabik sa ugoy ng duyan
Sana’y di nagmaliw ang dati kong araw Sana’y di nagmaliw ang dati kong araw Nang munti pang bata sa piling ni nanay Nang munti pang bata sa piling ni nanay Nais kong maulit ang awit ni inang mahal Nais kong maulit ang awit ni inang mahal Awit ng pag-ibig habang ako’y nasa duyan Awit ng pag-ibig habang ako’y nasa duyan
Sa aking pagtulog na labis ang himbing