“Level of Awareness of Post-partum Mothers on Newborn Screening in Different Hospitals in Roxas City”
CHAPTER I: INTRODUCTION
I.A. Background and Rationale of the Study
1) Mothers always wanted the best for their babies. In any way they will do everything for their children’s protection. Most of the post-partum mothers are not aware what newborn screening is for. They thought that it is just a part of routine hospital admission. They are not even aware of what possible diseases it may detect.
2) Mothers are expected to have a full knowledge and awareness of what has done to their babies. This is to ensure that they will know and understand their babies’ condition. If ever there are disorders detected they will know that they must seek medical attention for further assessment whether the baby is sick or appears to be healthy. On the contrary, most of the mothers’ are unaware or doesn’t have any idea what Newborn Screening is for.
3) There are many possible reasons why some of the mothers are still unaware of what is the purpose of Newborn Screening. First is the mother’s age, second is their mental status, third is their number of children, fourth is their socio-economic status and fifth is their educational level.
4) It was found that women were aware of newborn screening, however desired further information in order to acquire a more comprehensive knowledge of the test. Further, New mothers need to be provided with comprehensive information about the newborn screening test at a time which is conducive for the assimilation of this information.
5) Mothers who have multiple children are not yet studied whether they have more knowledge and awareness compared to new mothers.
I.B. Objectives of the Study
This study will be conducted to determine the level of awareness of post-partum mothers on newborn screening in different... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 10). Level of Awareness of Post Partum Mothers on Newborn Screening. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Level-Of-Awareness-Of-Post-Partum-39534733.html
"Level of Awareness of Post Partum Mothers on Newborn Screening" StudyMode.com. 10 2013. 2013. 10 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Level-Of-Awareness-Of-Post-Partum-39534733.html>.
- MLA 7
"Level of Awareness of Post Partum Mothers on Newborn Screening." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 10 2013. Web. 10 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Level-Of-Awareness-Of-Post-Partum-39534733.html>.
"Level of Awareness of Post Partum Mothers on Newborn Screening." StudyMode.com. 10, 2013. Accessed 10, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Level-Of-Awareness-Of-Post-Partum-39534733.html.