DUE WEEK tWO—FINAL Learning Team Paper Topic Choice
LEARNING TEAMS SHOULD CHOOSE AN ORGANIZATION TO RESEARCH FOR THE FINAL PAPER AND PRESENTATION. IN SELECTING AN ORGANIZATION BE SURE THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO MEET ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS OF YOUR FINAL LEARNING TEAM PAPER. EACH GROUP MEMBER SHOULD ALSO BEGIN BY RESEARCHING AT LEAST ONE SUPPORTING REFERENCE. SUBMIT YOUR SELECTED ORGANIZATION AND AT LEAST ONE SUPPORTING REFERENCE TO YOUR INSTRUCTOR FOR APPROVAL.
dUE wEEK THREE—FINAL Learning Team Paper summary and References
PREPARE A 700 TO 1,050-WORD FORMAL SUMMARY AND REFERENCES COVERING YOUR TEAMS FOCUS OF THE FINAL PAPER. IN ADDITION TO YOUR SUMMARY YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO SUBMIT A LIST OF REFERENCES WHICH INCLUDES AT LEAST THREE PEER-REVIEWED OUTSIDE SOURCES PER TEAM MEMBER. BE SURE TO ADDRESS THE FOLLOWING ITEMS IN YOUR SUMMARY:
1. Describe your selected organization and a major change or outside challenge it has faced. 2. Describe how your selected organizations communication policies, or lack thereof, affect its ability to deal with the selected change or challenge. 3. List any research questions or concerns that you have regarding your topic. This should include any problems (e.g., technical, ethical) that you might have presenting on the topic you have chosen.
In developing your summary it is important to keep in mind that you will eventually have to address at least three of the common characteristics below most influenced by communication within the chosen organization. 1. System (e.g., individual units, open, closed)
4. Rules/norms (e.g., written, unwritten, formal, informal)
5. Hierarchy (e.g., chain of command, supervisor, administrator, manager) 6. Communication networks (e.g., formal, informal)
7. Organizational orientation (e.g., achievement, dogmatism, authoritarianism) 8. Leadership approach(es) (e.g., social, task, balanced)
9. Management communication/decision-making (e.g., tell,...