Unit 4: Leadership and Change Management
1. Critically evaluate historical, classical and contemporary approaches to leadership theory.
o Explain the importance of leadership theories
o Describe historical, classical, and contemporary approaches to leadership theory o Compare and contrast these approaches
2. Determine leadership approaches relevant for the 21st century, drawing on theories and tools as practised by leading international organisations. Indicative content:
o Identify leadership models and competency frameworks currently in use in organisations
o Define the qualities required of people in leadership positions o Appraise generic leadership frameworks currently in use in organisations o Select leadership development initiatives both associated with and as alternatives to leadership competency frameworks
3. Explore and examine your own personal and managerial effectiveness within an organisation through a process of personal reflection.
o Reflect on your own personal and managerial effectiveness within your organisation o Identify and put into practice areas for change within your own personal and managerial effectiveness style
o Reflect on the gains made from the change in style
o Plan a course of action to maintain reflection on your personal and managerial effectiveness within your own organisation
4. Develop an in-depth understanding of the principles of change and the organisational change process.
o Describe the principles of change and organisational change processes and the different approaches possible
o Identify and appraise real life examples of the organisational change process Explain external and internal triggers of change and innovation
o Appraise these triggers of change and innovation
5. Critically appraise change theories, tools and techniques. Indicative...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document