Jamel McBean Consulting LLC.
Project: Net 240 Design Scenario Chapter 5
1. Explain why you think your design meets the needs of ElectroMyCycle. After reviewing this further, I have decided to do away with the DMZ sand use port forwarding to the DNS server. This method gives users a more secure way to access the web server. The network design that ElectroMyCycle had previously which was done by Network Rouges was not secure enough and did not account for scalability.
2. List the major user communities for your design.
3. List the major data stores and the user communities for each data store. Sales and Human Recourses will mainly be using the Web Server but will use the Data server in a limited capacity. All users will have access to the Application server mainly in read only mode except for management. The Data Server will mainly be used by Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. This server will also be used by the Sales Department but with limited capacity.
4. Identify major network traffic flows in your network topology drawing. Traffic flow will come in via the router from the internet. That traffic will be routed to the DNS Server. Once a name is assigned, the Web Server will check with the Data Server and the data will be presented to use or save.
5. How does your design provide security for ElectroMyCycle’s network? My design will provide security through the Firewalls, ACLs, VLANs, Anti-virus and Physical security for the device itself. This approach is a layered approach that will secure the network to the best of my ability.
6. What questions will you ask ElectroMyCycle about this project as you do your work? Will you be requiring my services in the near future for support or training? Are you planning to account for scalability?
What are your projected profits?
What is your current end user...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document