Modern Global Studies 22 Name: ___________________
Background: We have spent the past week learning about the globalization trend that has changed the political, cultural and economic landscape of the world. Over the course of our discussion we have covered both positive and negative implications for the American worker and student.
Task: Write a four paragraph essay reflection on our Globalization mini unit in which you address the following question:
Is globalization a positive or negative force for change?
• Include a few sentences that give background information on globalization • ]gr Thesis statement that answers the question
Two body paragraphs:
• One paragraph on the positives of globalization • One paragraph on the negatives of globalization • The paragraph that you ultimately agree with should be last. Make sure you prove why globalization is more positive or negative. • Each paragraph should have a topic sentence.
• Each paragraph must be filled with specific facts and details from our course work (articles, textbook, political cartoons).
• Restate your thesis statement
• Restate your main points that help to prove your thesis
This essay is worth 50 points. (Rubric attached)
Due date ____________________.
|Criteria |Point Value |Teacher Assessment |Comments | |Thesis is clear and responds directly to the |5 | | | |question. | | | | |Student answers question appropriately and |5 | | | |comprehensively. The content is appropriate to | | | | |the task and effectively proves the students’ | | | | |thesis. | | | | |Each body paragraph provides arguments and |25 | | | |evidence that is supported with class material. | | | | |Student has original thoughts and clearly | | | | |articulates ideas. | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |Organization enhances main ideas. Supporting |5 | | | |information is presented logically with no | | |...