INTRODUCTION TO POLITICAL SCIENCE
Lecturer: Mr. DAKA
- How To Present Our Papers in Political Science
- You introduce and explain how and what will be included.
2. DEFINITION OF KEY TERMS
- There is definition of the key terms that are present in the essay or assignment being tackled. - Use certain scholars that might have talked about the topic or question at hand.
3. MAIN BODY
- Here is where you put all your data about the assignment or essay. - Put as much as posssible the quotations of the books where you got your information. - Cite where possible in every paragraph that you might have gotten from your research.
- Conclude your esssay clearly according to the information you have surrendered in your essay.
- References are the documentations you used in the writing of the assignment. - Bibliography is the listing of the references that you used in the essay but weren't cited.
Question - What is the difference between Politics and Political Science? Answer - Politics are the activities that occur in a political society while as political science is the study.
1. Politics is sometimes defined as the struggle for power. Power Politics is different political parties fighting for national power. - Politics involves the struggle among various groups to CONTROL or INFLUENCE the conducts and policies of government. Politics is also a struggle for benefits. Basically politics arises because people have different means of values. As a result they often want different things from the government. - Harrold Lasswell defines politics as a struggle over who gets what, when and how. For simplicity what is the good or service, when is the time and how talks about the technique used. - Through politics, individuals and groups seek to maximise the benefits they get from government while trying to minimise the costs. - Apart from the struggle for...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document