1. What competitive strategy are the credit card
companies pursuing? How do information systems
support that strategy?
2. What are the business benefits of analyzing
customer purchase data and constructing
3. Are these practices by credit card companies
ethical? Are they an invasion of privacy? Why or
IS THE IPAD A DISRUPTIVE TECHNOLOGY?
1. Evaluate the impact of the iPad using Porter’s
competitive forces model.
2. What makes the iPad a disruptive technology?
Who are likely to be the winners and losers if the
iPad becomes a hit? Why?
3. Describe the effects that the iPad is likely to have
on the business models of Apple, content creators,
Visit Apple’s site for the iPad and the Amazon.com
site for the Kindle. Review the features and specifications
of each device. Then answer the following
1. How powerful is the iPad? How useful is it for
reading books, newspapers or magazines, for
surfing the Web, and for watching video? Can you
identify any shortcomings of the device?
2. Compare the capabilities of the Kindle to the iPad.
Which is a better device for reading books?
Explain your answer.
3. Would you like to use an iPad or Kindle for the
books you use in your college courses or read for
pleasure instead of traditional print publications?
Why or why not?
1. Which features of organizations do managers need to know about to build and use information systems successfully? What is the impact of information systems on organizations? * All modern organizations are hierarchical, specialized, and impartial, using explicit routines to maximize efficiency. All organizations have their own cultures and politics arising from differences in interest groups, and they are affected by their surrounding environment. Organizations differ in goals, groups served, social roles, leadership styles, incentives, types...