Top of Form
User Rating: / 27
Bottom of Form
Study guides - Competitive Exams FAQ's & Practice Test| |
Indian Geography Objective GK Questions|
Indian Geography Objective GK Questions -1|
Indian Geography Objective GK Questions -2|
Indian Geography Objective GK Questions -3|
Indian Geography Objective GK Questions -4|
Page 1 of 5
1. Which one of the following rivers originates near Mahabaleshwar ? (A) Godavari
2. With reference to the climate of India, the western disturbances originate over which one of the following ? (A) Arabian Sea
(B) Baltic Sea
(C) Caspian Sea
(D) Mediterranean Sea
3. In which one of the following states is the Nanga Parbat peak located ? (A) Sikkim
(B) Himachal Pradesh
(C) Jammu and Kashmir
4. In India, which of the following are the Southernmost hills ? (A) Anaimalai hills
(B) Cardamom hills
(C) Nilgiri hills
(D) Javacli hills
5. Where are the coal reserves of India largely concentrated ? (A) Son valley
(B) Mahanadi valley
(C) Damodar valley
(D) Godavari valley
6. Which of the following Indian island lies between India and Sri Lanka ? (A) Elephanta
7. In which state do the Mansoon arrives first ?
(B) West Bengal
(D) KeralaPrev - Next >> < Prev|
1. The Sikh Kingdom of Punjab was annexed by the English East India Company in— (A) 1836
2. The Kol Uprising of 1831 started in—
(D) Chota Nagpur
3. Who led the Revolt of the Barely troops in 1857 ?
(A) Kunwar Singh
(B) Bakht Khan
(D) Maulvi Ahmadullah
4. Who among the following leaders of the Revolt of 1857 declared himself to be the Governor of Bahadur Shah ? (A) Nana Sahib
(B) Tantia Tope
(C) Kunwar Singh
(D) Bakht Khan
5. The first Indian Factories’ Act was passed in—
6. Which of the following was not a consequence of the British Land Revenue Policy in India ? (A) Increasing impoverishment of the peasants
(B) Growing peasant indebted-ness
(C) The spread of landlordism
(D) The ruin of artisan industries
7. The Archaeological Survey of India was set up during the Viceroyalty of— (A) Lord Litton
(B) Lord Ripon
(C) Lord Dufferin
(D) Lord Curzon
8. Who was known as ‘The Grand Old Man of India’ ?
(A) B.G. Tilak
(B) G.K. Gokhale
(C) Mahatma Gandhi
(D) Dadabhai Naoroji
9. The most important Pre-Con-gress Nationalist Organisation was— (A) The Indian Association of Calcutta
(B) Poona Sarvajanik Sabha
(C) Bombay Presidency Asso-ciation
(D) The Madras Mahajan Sabha
10. Who among the following was a leader of Prarthana Samaj ? (A) Gopal Hari Deshmukh
(B) Vasudeo Balwant Phadke
(C) R.G. Bhandarkar
(D) G.K. Gokhale
1. In which State was the first non- Congress Government set up in Independent India? (a) Punjab
2. Cheep money means
(a) low rates of interest.
(b) low level of saving.
(c) low level of income.
(d) low level of standard of living.
3. Under the rules of the IMR, each member is required to declare the par value of its legal tender money in terms of the US dollars and (a) Silver.
(c) Pound Sterling.
4. The Government takes ‘Ways and means advances’ from (a) RBI.
5. Kisan Credit Card Scheme was introduced in
6. Compared to the rich the poor save
(a) a large part of their income.
(b) an equal part of their income.
(c) a smaller part of their income.
(d) all of their incomes.
7. One of the main factors that led to rapid expansion of Indian...