Independent Consulting Agreement
International Relief and Development Inc.
This Consulting Agreement ("Agreement") is entered as of October 1, 2012 (the “Effective Date”), between International Relief and Development, Inc. ("IRD"), located at 1621 N. Kent Street, Suite 400, Arlington, VA 22209, and VICTORIA GOTSCH ("Contractor"), located at, 1821 Marina Circle, North Fort Myer, Florida 33903 (together, the “Parties”).
1. IRD wishes to engage Contractor, and Contractor agrees to be engaged by IRD, to perform the services identified in Attachment A ("Scope of Work") of this Agreement.
2. The Parties have determined that Contractor will perform those services as an independent contractor, and not as an employee, in that the services to be provided require Contractor to exercise independent judgment as to the time, place, manner and method of performance to accomplish the objectives desired by IRD.
The Parties agree as follows:
Services. Contractor will perform the services as described in Attachment A, Scope of Work during the term of the Agreement. Contractor will work under the direction of the Facility Manager or his designee. Contractor will perform services as and when requested. In performance of the Services, Contractor shall at all times comply with all applicable IRD policies and procedures. Contractor shall also, at his/her own expense, comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to his/her performance of the Services.
Term of Agreement. The term of this Agreement shall commence on October 1, 2012, and shall continue through October 31, 2012 (with a maximum total of Services during that period not to exceed (28 days). The Consultant will work 6 days per week in Afghanistan. Contractor will be available to perform the Services beginning on or about October 1, 2012.
3. Compensation. For Services performed under this Agreement during the Term, Contractor will be compensated at a rate of AUD 14,833 per month of services rendered. Contractor’s fee will be paid based on approved invoices submitted for work completed. Contractor will receive:
Mobility Allowance: In line with the AusAID Adviser Remuneration Framework the consultant will be entitled to a monthly mobility allowance of AUD $ 1,954.00.
Special Location Allowance: In line with the AusAID Adviser Remuneration Framework the consultant will be entitled to a monthly Special location Allowance of AUD $ 3,807.42.
Total compensation shall not exceed AUD $ 20,644.42
4. Taxes. Contractor accepts full and exclusive liability for the payment of all home country taxes and contributions as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations If the Contractor is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, IRD will report all payments as required to the Internal Revenue Service. If the Contractor is not a U.S. citizen or resident, the reporting of all payments to the proper government authorities will also be the sole responsibility of the Contractor. | |
5. Housing: Due to the security situation in Afghanistan the Contractor will be provided with accommodations in an IRD guest house in Kabul. In addition to lodging, IRD will also provide meals and furnishing.
A. IRD will reimburse Contractor for reasonable, necessary and properly documented business expenses incurred by Contractor in connection with the performance of this Agreement, in accordance with the established policies of IRD and, where applicable, the policies of a relevant donor agency. Where applicable, the Contractor will be entitled to per diem payments at rates commensurate with the prevailing published per diem rates of the U.S. Department of State, to cover meals, incidental expenses and lodging. Allowable,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document