Dear Mr/Ms [surname]:
I request an opportunity to meet with you to review my salary. I feel that this is the appropriate time for a salary review because [choose one, or write your own]: "I have been with the company for a year without a raise", or "I have recently made a significant contribution to the company", or "annual review is approaching/overdue", or "we agreed to review my salary after the first three months".
I was hired by [your company name] for my ability and experience in [Review the reason they wanted you]. I believe that an increase in my salary is now warranted.[State why you deserve the raise; here is a list to help you. Pick one or two, not too many]:
* I have successfully taken responsibility for ...
* I have a number of accomplishments to my credit:...
* My knowledge and skill in ... has allowed the company to... * I have demonstrated an ability to work independently and take initiative. * I put in long days, weekend work, and "on-call" work.
* I have taken initiative, for example...
* I have been working at this salary for *** months; a change in pay level is appropriate. * I work independently, keeping the cost of supervision to a minimum. * I assume and handle management responsibilities, traditionally highly paid work. * My responsibilities have increased...
* I have demonstrated a commitment to the company.
I would like you to know that I view my future at [company name] very positively. I want to continue to ... I anticipate some day...
I have been led to believe that you are satisfied with my work, so I am confident that you will want to sincerely consider my request.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
To : Mr. …………….
Subject: Salary Increment
I am working in your esteemed organization since ………………. as a …….. I believe that that I have done my job well to the best of my ability & my skills are...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document