1. Hooters is in the hospitality and service business. According to Hooters’ website, their mission is to provide a family of hospitality and services that achieves excellence and enhances lifestyles of all who come in contact with the Hooters brand. They started out as a restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere where they show sports and their servers are attractive women with nice breasts. It is not a typical restaurant with sixty-eight percent of their customers are male, most between the ages of 25-54. Hooters has expanded from the restaurant business to include an airline company, a hotel in Las Vegas, a credit card and a men’s magazine.
2. With Hooters’ wide range of activities, they have a variety of competitors. Their competitors can range from Pizza Hut, to Delta, to Hilton, to American Express to Playboy. There most direct competitor would be service and hospitality companies aimed at males between the ages of 25-54. There have been some restaurants, or ‘breastaurants,’ imitating Hooters’ wings and scantily dressed female servers, like WingHouse.
3. Hooters has a unique concept and excellent brand recognition. They are famous in the U.S. and most of the world. Just about anyone can describe the Hooters’ white and orange uniform with the owl. Apparently, their chicken wings are very good.
4. It does not make sense to me that Hooters would run an airline. Their customer demographics of males between the ages of 25-54, is limiting. They tried to offer a low cost but keep all the services. They also flew to limited destinations, and aimed marketing towards golfers. Airline companies have quite a bit of difficulty surviving in any case, but to have an airline company that is more a form of advertising just does not seem logical.
5. Hooters is continuing to diversify without considering who they are and what they do. I do not think Hooters should continue to diversify. They are very good at the restaurant industry. They have a unique concept, and...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document