Lesson notes prepared by :
The health care management not only involves the patient but also family members friends and other resources, To regain the optimal health to function within their limitations, and remain in the home environment. Success lies on quality of nurse-client relationship.
1. Understand the key terms and their meaning
1. Describe the management of health care needs in the home from a system prospective.
2. Identify the factors that influence client’s ability
3. Identify the client’s ability to manage healthcare within the home
4. Explain the major areas of assessment by homecare nurse
5. Describe the nurse’s roles and responsibilities.
6. Identify the importance of community resources for the clients
Home health careHospice
Patient education advocacy
HOME HEALTH CARE: It is characterized by a range of health issues and related services, which are delivered to person at home who are recovering from illness, are disabled, or chronically and terminally ill, and need various services to progress, maintain function or perform their ADL.
DEFINITION : HHC(home health care)is defined as the provision of nursing care to acute, chronically ill, and clients of all ages in their home while integrating principles of CHN, psychosocial, economic, cultural, personal health factors affecting health.
|THE IMPACT OF NATIONAL TRENDS ON HOME CARE | |Trend |Impact | |Technological advances in medical equipment |Advanced medical technologies have allowed...