Brand of Food: Hershey’s Kisses
Manufacturing company: The Hershey Company
• Undisputed Marketplace Leadership
• Top-tier value creation, driven by superior performance across the business system
• Organizational capabilities and passion that compete in the present and build for the future
• Commitment to enabling and encouraging balanced, healthy lives
• Portfolio of brands that
- Delights consumer across multiple segments
- Delivers superior growth and profitability to retailers - Is available everywhere
• Ability to transform consumer and customer desires to marketplace wins
Year Started: February 9, 1894
Owner: Milton S. Hershey
It all started with a decision made by Milton S. Hershey in 1984. That decision was to make caramels with sweet chocolate as its coating. Set in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, he created his new enterprise and called it the Hershey Chocolate Company. In 1900, the company began producing milk chocolate in bars, wafers and other shapes. With mass-production, Hershey was able to lower the per-unit cost and make milk chocolate, once a luxury item for the wealthy, affordable to all. Due to the low-cost, but high-quality of chocolate being made, the sales went up and expansions of the company went in many directions, new products were being made as well.
In 1968, the company’s name changed to Hershey Foods Corporation; expanding its confectionery product lines, acquiring related companies and even diversifying into other food products.
In April 2004, the company’s name changed again to The Hershey Company.
It is the largest chocolate manufacturer in North America and is known worldwide. The Hershey’s Company is still working hard to get their target audience and they are doing it without fail.
In 2002, the Hershey’s Company struggled to obtain the name of “chocolate”, that when someone...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document