* Statistics show that Myanmar retail market worths 5 billion USD dollar which grew around 20% last year. It is estimated that traditional retail channels represents at least 80% of the beverages market. The main types in traditional channels include independent grocers such as mom-and-pop stores, small retailers and wholesalers such as Nyaung Pin Lay plaza, Gadamar and Mingalar Zay.
* Traditional channels are considered main pillar due to several reasons. These traditional neighborhood stores by virtue of being the nearest place for home shopping, they will always occupy the first position of convenience. Also, the variety of assortments fulfills the shoppers' primary mission to refill their home supplies. On top of that, home delivery service and leverage personal relationships make the concept of traditional channels seem so much appealing to Myanmar consumers.
* It is expected that the growth of traditional channels will slow down definitely over the next decades, as influence policy makers in Myanmar will create ways that could catalyze the growth of modern trade. Increasing urbanization will make Myanmar consumers become more global in their way of thinking, preferences and orientation as their counterparts. Myanmar consumers who typically follow a saving-oriented lifestyle will start to enjoy the modern lifestyles by spending on mass premium beverages items.
* The organized modern trade channel promises consumers better quality of products with better shelf-life due to their storage facilities. These shopping outlets also allow consumers to explore their choices in a comfortable and energetic environment, something that traditional trades cannot offer. Another important factor attracting consumers towards modern retailers is the ultimate shopping experience.
* Manufacturers will need to respond through reinforcing their brand strength, increase their own retail presence to attract...