Google Is Changing Everything
1. Use Google to conduct a search. What advertisements appear next to the search results? Answer:
Advertisements related to the search keyword.
2. What is Google trying to do with spreadsheets?
Google try to provide spreadsheets to compete Microsoft products as well as to be able to provide online spreadsheets where people could share and collaborate instantly to the spreadsheets and store the file online instead in local computer
3. What is an enterprise search?
Enterprise search is the practice of making content from multiple enterprise-type sources, such as databases and intranets, to be indexed, searched and displayed to authorized users
4. Identify potential revenue models in Google’s activities described here and on Google’s Web site. Answer:
Google potential revenue model is through advertisement. Therefore we can said that Google Revenue = Time Spend On Web. The more time people spent on the web means more exposure to Google ads. For the advertisement, the advertisers pays Google for every person clicks on the ad which lead to the advertiser’s website.
5. How do Google’s services benefit a company such as Kaiser? Answer:
From the case study, we can see that Kaiser developed clinical knowledge portal for their 50,000 doctors, nurses and other caregiver, which main purpose is to allow right information be able to be accessed quickly and easily. Therefore with the combination of knowledge which stored in the portal and the advancement of Google Search Appliance, Google able to provide them with reliable indexing and also strong search capability. Furthermore by using Google’s spell checking, problem with doctor handwriting and pharmaceutical products name can be easily overcome.
6. Why is Google considered a Web 2.0 company? How is it related to social networking? Answer:
According to Wikipedia, Web 2.0 is associated with web applications that facilitate participatory information...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document