Global Warming Essay: Facts about Global Warming
Spread Environmental Awareness and Encourage Fight against Global Warming Through Your Global Warming Essay The definition of Global warming is, “The observed and projected increase in the average temperature of Earth’s atmosphere and oceans”. Human actions, primarily the release of green house gases from smokestacks, vehicles, and burning forests, are perhaps the chief power causing this situation. CO2 (Carbon dioxide) emissions belong to the most important causes of global warming. In a Global Warming Essay the writer can mention:
* Causes of Global Warming:
* Global warming has increased extensively since the Industrial Revolution. These changes occur due to increased burning of fossil fuels and other human activities. The discharge of green house gases like carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide etc. into nature (Also see Nature Essay) is another reason for rising temperature of earth. * Buildings, both commercial and residential represent a larger source of global warming pollution than cars and trucks because they require a lot of fuel to be burnt which emits a large amount of carbon dioxide. * Effects of Global Warming:
* Increase of temperature on the earth:
* Changes in temperature increase the frequency and intensity of some severe weather events, like floods, droughts and tornadoes. * Lower agricultural yields and species extinctions are caused by Global Warming. * Rise of sea levels:
* Sea levels are rising due to thermal expansion of the ocean, along with melting of land ice. * The total power of cyclones has increased noticeably because their average intensity and duration have increased. * The Greenhouse Effect:
* CO2 is produced by burning fossil fuel and other activities such as cement production and tropical deforestation. * The role of humans in Green House Effect is as follows: * Burning natural gas, coal and oil
* Some farming practices
* Factories producing long-lasting industrial gases * Deforestation
* Population growth
Each of the above should be essentially explained in detail in a Global Warming Essay. Many people throughout the world are still unaware of the conditions our earth is facing. It is really important to bring this situation in notice and protect our environment from drastic, hazardous and unhealthy climatic effects, which can be done by writing suchessays. * Prevention of Global Warming:
* There may be hundreds of small things or activities of our daily life which contribute to global warming. This includes: * Riding your bike, and buying your goods from the most local sources available. * Growing your own food instead of importing it.
* Cleaning or replacing filters on your furnace.
* Reusing your shopping bag.
* Using recycled products, etc.
* Increasing the use of Solar Energy also helps in minimizing power consumptions to huge extents and thus, preventing your contribution to global warming. In today’s industrial world where total reduction in the production of harmful gases and wastes is next to impossible, growing leafy trees in high numbers is a mandatory solution for preventing the rise in heat. A Global Warming Essayshould point out many such things and explain how they can be used properly to save energy, and to some extent, lower down the earth’s temperature.
Global Warming Essay
As the delicate balance of time moves on, slight differences in the weather can be noticed. Anyone can see that there is a shift in the balance of the environment; heat waves, hurricanes, tsunamis and the like are occurring faster than ever. Given the name of “global warming”, it is a problem on a world wide scale and only the cooperation of everyone can it be fixed or at least slowed down. With the heat of the Earth rising, national landmarks as...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document