A. REGISTERING A BUSINESS NAME
Acceptable Business Names
* The root or words of the name shall be considered (e.g. “Island” instead of “Islander”
* The business name should describe the nature of the business. It should be comprised solely of any or all of the following: letters, numerals, and punctuation that are part of the English and Filipino language.
Names That Are Not Acceptable
* Those which are or whose nature of business is illegal, offensive, scandalous, or contrary to propriety.
* Those which are identical or nearly resemble business names already registered with the DTI and the SEC.
* CDA, DOLE or any other government office authorized by law to register names, because these are likely to cause confusion or mistake in the minds of the public and prejudice the interest of the owner of the registered business name or firm name taking into consideration the following:
* Nature of the business
* Product/service handled
* Location/place of the business
* General appearance, spelling, sound and meaning
* Use of dominant/descriptive words and such other factors as maybe determined by the BTRCP Director
* Names composed purely of generic words
* Name which, by law or regulation, cannot be appropriated
* Names, words, terms, or expressions used to designated or distinguish, or suggestive of quality of any class of goods, articles, merchandise, or service
* Names or styles used by the government in its governmental functions
* The names or abbreviation of names, of any nation, inter-governmental or international organization unless authorized by the competent authority of that nation, inter-governmental or international organizations
* Names which are deceptive, misleading or which misrepresent the nature of the business
* Such other names which, in the opinion of the Director, are undesirable or analogous to... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 09). General Requirements in Putting Up a Business. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/General-Requirements-In-Putting-Up-a-772096.html
"General Requirements in Putting Up a Business" StudyMode.com. 09 2011. 2011. 09 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/General-Requirements-In-Putting-Up-a-772096.html>.
- MLA 7
"General Requirements in Putting Up a Business." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 09 2011. Web. 09 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/General-Requirements-In-Putting-Up-a-772096.html>.
"General Requirements in Putting Up a Business." StudyMode.com. 09, 2011. Accessed 09, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/General-Requirements-In-Putting-Up-a-772096.html.