Phpkb v1.5 proffesional
DAYS AND YEARS
* The first death anniversary day of Sri Rajiv Gandhi was observed as Anti –Terrorism Day. * 20th August is celebrated as Sadbhavna Divas.
* July 11th is observed as world population day.
* January 15th is celebrated as army day.
* The centenary of mahatma Gandhi’s arrival in South Africa was celebrated in may 1993. * National Maritime day falls on April 5th.
* Journalist day was first celebrated all over the world on October 28th, 1984. * Teacher’s day is observed on 5th September.
* The world environment day is celebrated on June 5.
* 31st May is observed as world no smoking day.
* Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru is observed as children’s day. * The United Nation declared 1993 as a year of the indigenous people. * The year 1991 was observed in India as the year of tourism. * October 16th is observed as world food day.
* Hiroshima day is observed as world Red Cross day.
* The decade 1981-90 was observed as international decade for Drinking water supply and sanitation. * 1998 is observed as poverty eradication year by SAARC.
* India celebrates February 28th every year as “national science day” because on this day in 1928 C.V.Raman discovered what was latter called as”Raman effect”. * The year 1985 was declared as international year of youth. * Id-e-Milad is celebrated on prophet Mohamed birthday.
* “Rosh Hashanah” is the new year’s day of Jews.
* 1981 was the international year of the disabled.
* World human rights day is observed on December 10th.
* World literacy day is observed on September 8th.
* The longest river in the world is Nile.
* The longest highway in the world is Trans Canada length of 8000 km. * The highest mountain in the world is Mount Everest.
* Myanmar produces around 1/3rd of teak in the world.
* The biggest desert in the world is Sahara.
* The largest coffee growing country in the world is Brazil. * Zambia is known as the country of copper.
* Border name that separates Pakistan and Afghanistan is Durand line. * The coldest place on the earth is verkoyansk in Siberia. * The country having 2nd largest land area is Canada.
* The biggest delta in the world is Ganges delta.
* The Japanese call their country as Nippon.
* The length of English Channel is 564 kms.
* The world’s oldest city is Damascus.
* Venice is known as the city of canals.
* The biggest island of the world is Greenland.
* The city which is the biggest centre for manufacture of automobiles in the world is Detroit USA. * Largest producer of manganese in the world is china and South Africa. * Malaysia is the largest producer of rubber in the world. * China is the largest producer of tin in the world.
* Amazon River carries maximum amount of water in the sea. * Japan is known as the land of rising sun.
* Mount Everest was named after Sir George Everest.
* Cuba is known as the sugar bowl of the world.
* The length of Suez Canal is 162.5kms.
* The lowest point on earth is the coastal area of Dead Sea. * Pacific Ocean is the largest ocean in the world.
* The world’s largest diamond producing country is South Africa. * Australia was discovered by James cook.
* The first governor general of Pakistan is Mohammad ali Jinnah. * The earlier name of New York City is New Amsterdam.
* The Eiffel tower was built by Alexander Eiffel.
* The Red Cross was founded by jean henri Durant.
* Highest population density is of country Monaco.
* National flower of Britain is rose.
* National flower of Italy is lily.
* The permanent secretariat of the SAARC is located in Kathmandu. * The first industrial revolution took place in England.
* The first republican president of America was Abraham Lincoln. * Brazil is famous for samba dance.
* Earlier name of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document