After listening to our speech, the mass will have enough information to take a stand about fast food.
The influence of fast food.
How many of you would substitute Nasi Lemak with a Big Mac and French fries?
II. Thesis statement:
Fast food leads to death and a substitution is necessary.
III. Preview of main points:
How is fast food beneficial?
What are some of its many effects?
What can we substitute it with?
I. How is fast food beneficial?
A. Cheap/Affordable - Allow a massive proportion of those who are living below the poverty line to feed their family rather than starve.
B. Convenient – Allow those who are working several jobs or long hour jobs to have a quick alternative to cooking.
C. Job opportunity – Fast food companies created and perpetuated jobs to the society, from the person who serve to the person who inject the chickens with plastic fats.
II. What are some of the many effects of fast food?
1. Fast food contains more calories than a normal meal and undermines the control of a normal appetite.
2. Obesity leads to depression and insecurities in a person. Due to a lack of judgment over their eating habits, they suffer tremendously in the long run.
B. Causes severe health issues.
1. Every intake of food increases cholesterol levels that build up atherosclerotic plaques inside the arterial walls, causing Atherosclerosis. Cardiovascular
diseases such as heart attacks and high blood pressure are also very common
as the high level of cholesterol and fat speeds up the process of clogged arteries.
2. It also affects the liver and results into Type 2 Diabetes.
3. It also decreases libido and has a major domino effect as it can directly harm a couple’s sexual relationship.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document