Factors affecting why are the Students Late
In going to the school in Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus
An Action Research Presented to the
Science Department of Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus
In Partial Fulfillment
Of the Requirements in
Background of the Study
June is the start of classes in the Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus Iloilo. Many students are getting ready for school. Everyday they do their home works and other paper works for school. Student’s attendance is also part of the education. Some students are late in going to school due to many reasons that are not understandable. When students come late in class, they disturb the flow of a lecture and discussion, disturb other students, and impede learning.
The researchers conducted this research study because this is commonly present when school is back. This study objective is to help the persons that will be mentioned in the Significance of the Study, and to know the reasons of the students to be late in school.
Statement of the Problem
Generally this research study aims to identify the reasons why the students are late in going to school. Specifically, it tries to answer the following questions:
1. What are the reasons affecting student’s tardiness?
2. How are the different factors affecting student’s tardiness in affecting student’s performance in: a. Academic aspect
b. Co-curricular aspect
1. There are no reasons affecting student’s tardiness.
2. The different factors affecting student’s performance does not directly affect the academic and co-curricular respectively.
Significance of the Study
If this study will be implemented, many good results will come out and can help in the school. There are persons too that will benefit in this study that’s why this study is very important. The main purpose of this research study is to seek answers on the reasons affecting why the students are late in going to 0school. This study is very important and can help the teachers, and the school administrators/coordinator, by deeply understanding the reasons of the students who are late. This study helps the parents of the student too. They can advise their children to change their habits and lifestyle on which can help them. Students can learn on this study as well. They can be more independent than before since that they will challenge themselves to change their routines.
The following persons will benefit on this study:
1. Teachers. The teachers will benefit this research study for the reasons that the teachers will deeply understand the reasons why the students are late in going to school.
2. School Administrators/Coordinators. This people will benefit in this research study since that they will not have a hard time reminding the students in school not to be late and the students must be have time management.
3. Parents. The parents of the students will benefit also by helping their children no to be late in school. They can advice their children to change their routines and give ways not to be late in school.
4. Students. The students can benefit in this research study too. The students must change their habits, routines, and their lifestyle to avoid being late. They can also learn to be independent when doing their morning necessities before going to school.
Scope and Limitations
The study focuses on “Reasons affecting why the students are late when going to the school” The study will be conducted on CHJ School Campus. The study involves interviews to the Yr. II – Justice Students of Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus as the responder to this study. The interview that the researchers are talking is by questionnaires that could help is seeking findings. Example is by questioning the students of Yr. II – Justice if what maybe the cause of the students being late in going to the school. Not all the late comers come from the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document