THE INDIAN HIGH SCHOOL, DUBAI
GRADE 12 BUSINESS STUDIES PRACTICAL (10 Marks)
(General Guidelines to Examinee based on the Circular issued by the CBSE) SECOND TERM PROJECT TOPIC: PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT.
* The students are required to visit any one of the following: 1) A departmental store. 2) An Industrial unit. 3) A fast food outlet. 4) Any other organisation approved by the teacher. * They are required to observe the application of the general Principles of management advocated by Fayol. Fayol’s principles 1. Division of work. 2. Unity of command. 3. Unity of direction. 4. Scalar chain 5. Espirit de corpse 6. Fair remuneration to all. 7. Order. 8. Equity. 9. Discipline 10. Subordination of individual interest to general interest. 11. Initiative. 12. Centralisation and decentralisation. 13. Stability of tenure. OR
They may enquire into the application of scientific management techniques by F.W.Taylor in the unit visited. Scientific techniques of management. 1. Functional foremanship. 2. Standardisation and simplification of work. 3. Method study. 4. Motion Study. 5. Time Study. 6. Fatigue Study 7. Differential piece rate plan. * The observations could be on the basis of the following points:- * Different stages of division of work resulting to specialisation. * Accountability of subordinates to higher authorities.
* Visibility of order and equity in the unit.
* Balance of authority and responsibility.
* Communication levels and pattern in the organisation. . * Methods and techniques followed by the organisation for unity of direction and coordination amongst all. * Methods of wage payments followed.
* The arrangements of fatigue study.
* Derivation of time study. Derivation and advantages of method study. * Organisational chart of functional foremanship.
PRESENTATION AND SUBMISSION OF PROJECT REPORT.
Following essentials are required to be fulfilled for Project preparation and...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document