The coursework 1 specifically asks you to do:
* Choose a company
* Any company that is legal
* Any company but choose one that is very unique and interesting to read * Any company from any country, but companies from developing and transition countries are better. * Any company, size does not matter, smaller companies are better in fact * Any company, technological advancement is not important, but companies with advanced technologies are better * Use theories to explain the internationalisation(Findings) * Use Dunning Eclectic Paradigm (OLI) definitely.
* Use Learning Theories of Internationalisation definitely. * Choose at least on from Vernon’s PLC, Porter’s Diamond and Network Theories of Internationalisation * This means you need to cover at least three theories. * At the end of the coursework(Reference)
* Advice the company to internationalise to another country that they are not operating at this moment * Advice them an entry form such as foreign direct investment, exporting (direct, indirect) and licensing. * Advice them if possible a series of international expansion possibilities. One location following another such as. If they build a factory in Mexico, they can use this to export to Latin American countries as well as US and Canada. * Structure of the Coursework
* A short introduction that explains the company that you have chosen and the motive for internationalisation. * This should be followed by theories of internationalisation that you will explain and apply to your company. For example if you are using Dunning eclectic paradigm then it is expected that you should have a section on the ownership, location advantages and internalisation. Also you should discuss the entry mode according to decision making framework that has been explained within the lecture. The Uppsala school of internationalisation however...