Employee Welfare Measures

Only available on StudyMode
  • Download(s) : 346
  • Published : April 10, 2013
Open Document
Text Preview
RASHTRASANT TUKADOJI MAHARAJ NAGPUR UNIVERSITY

(Established by Government of Central Provinces Education Department by Notification No. 513 dated the 1 st of August, 1923 & presently a State University governed by Maharashtra Universities Act, 1994) ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DIRECTION NO. 1 OF 2012
(Under Section 8 (1) & (4) of Maharashtra Universities Act, 1994)

Direction governing the conversion of 10% of the sanc tioned posts of Associate Professors to that of Professors in the affiliated Colleges of the University
(Issued under Section 14(8) of the Maharashtra Universities Act, 1994) Whereas, the Maharashtra Universities Act N o. XXXV has come into force with effect from 22nd July, 1994 and further amended by the Maharashtra Universities (Amendment and Continuance) Act, 2003, hereinafter referred as „Act‟ has come into force from 8th August, 2003,

AND
Whereas, the Ministry of Human Resources Development of the Government of India has issued orders on 31 December 2008 for revising the pay scales of Central University teachers and equivalent posts in terms of the 6th Pay Commission recommendations,

AND
Whereas, accordingly, revised pay scales in terms of the 6th Pay Commission recommendations have been made applicable to the teachers and equivalent posts in the State non-agricultural universities and affiliated colleges vide the State Govt. Resolution No. NGC-2009/(243/09)UNI-1, dated 12 August 2009. AND

Whereas, in terms of the guidelines in para 2(b)(xviii) of the Government of India Order dated 31 December 2008 and para 2(2)(b)(i) of the State Government Resolution dated 12 August, 2009, it has been decided that 10% of the total sanctioned posts of Associate Professors in an affiliated Degree College shall be of the level of Professors.

AND
Whereas, the Higher & Technical Education Department, Government Resolution No. NGC-2010/(415/10)UNI-1, dated 30th July, 2010 & Government Circular dated 26th October, 2010, issued the orders to convert 10% of the sanctioned posts of Associated Professors to that of Professors in the Degree Colleges affiliated to non-agricultural Universities.

AND
Whereas, the Higher & Technical Education Department, Government Circular No. NGC-2010/(415/10)fof’k-1, dated 7th September, 2011, issued the explanation to convert 10% of the sanctioned posts of Associated Professors to that of Professors in the Degree Colleges affiliated to non-agricultural Universities.

2
AND
Whereas, in terms of the guidelines in para (2(b)(xviii) of the Government of India Order dated 31 December 2008 and para 2(2)(b)(i) of the State Government Resolution dated 12 August 2009, it has been decided that 10% of the total sanctioned posts of Associate Professors in an affiliated Degree College shall be of the level of Professors in an affiliated Degree College shall be of the level of Professors:

“(i) Ten percent of the number of sanctioned posts of Associate Professor in an Under Graduate College shall be that of Professors and shall be subject to the same criterion for selection/appointment as that of Professors in Universities, provided that there shall not be more than one post of Professor in each Department; and provided further that One-fourth (25%) of the posts of Professor in UG Colleges shall be directly recruited or filled on deputation by eligible teachers and the remaining three-fourths (75%) of posts of Professors shall be filled by merit promotion from among eligible Associate Professors of the relevant department of the Under Graduate college, identification of posts of Professor in an Under Graduate College for being filled through direct recruitment/deputation shall be within the competence of the University acting in consultation with the College. Where the number of posts of Professor worked out as a percentage of the number of posts of Associate Professor for merit promotion or direct...
tracking img