Chapter 1 – case for critical analysis
How might top management have done a better job changing Electra Products into a learning organisation? What might they do now to get the empowerment process back on track?
* Harry might talk with the employees. He has very much experience because he worked for 20 years in this company. He knows a lot of behaviours in the company, the good and the bad ones. Harry is able to understand the situation and the problems from the staff more than a newcomer. Furthermore he can motivate the others in a different, better way because he is in the same situation and they maybe look up to him.
* The top management should support the teams with individual trainings for each department. So they can improve their skills to achieve better results in their work area. In addition they get new motivation and they approach their assignments more confident.
Possible trainings could be:
* Communication skills
* Dealing with customers
* The company can make individual meetings with the employees to talk about their problems. In this case the labour has the chance to mention their own opinions and ideas.
* An additional proposal to get the empowerment process back on track is to conduct surveys. So they get valuable information from outsider about the popularity of their products. In this way they can go into to the customer’s desires and get new ideas for possible innovations. Surveys are also an excellent opportunity to learn more about the competitors and their products.
* To spur the employees they might give salary increases. This avoids that many of the disappointed employees are looking for another job as well.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document