* Population Explosion
* New Land Policy
* Friars land were resold to Filipino farmers
* Homestead Act of 1924 allowed Filipinos to own up to 24 hectares of public land * Torrens titles were given to the land owner
* Torrens title is a system of land title where a register of land holdings maintained by the state guarantees an indefeasible title to those included in the register. Land ownership is transferred through registration of title instead of using deeds. Its main purpose is to simplify land transactions and to certify to the ownership of an absolute title to realty. It has become pervasive around the countries strongly influenced by Britain, especially those in the Commonwealth of Nations and has spread to most countries.
* Agriculture Increase
* In 1902, the Bureau of Agriculture became the first gov’t agency in the Philippines * Free Trade America
* Business Flourished
* New Industries
* Improvement of Transportation and Communications
* Better Budget
* New Banks
* International Exhibitions and Meetings
* Economic Problems
* We sold our raw materials cheap and bought expensive manufactured goods from America. * Colonial Mentality
* Colonial mentality is an area of study and a conceptual theory in Cultural anthropology that refers to institutionalized or systemic feelings of inferiority within some societies or people who have been subjected to colonialism, relative to the values of the foreign powers which had previously subjugated them through colonization. The concept essentially refers to the acceptance, by the colonized, of the culture or doctrines of the colonizer as intrinsically more worthy or superior. The subject matter is quite controversial and debated * Labor and peasant unrest spread in 1920s and 1930s...