1.You are a JAR OPS organization. Explain how you would set-up an aircraft maintenance organization.
2. Describe in detail the process of obtaining a Part-66 Basic License and then describe how a Part-145 quality department can issue a type approval
3. Describe the process for attaining a Part-66 license and how you can obtain an extension to the basic license.
4. What are the relationships between the ANO, BCARs, JARs and AWNs. List the AWNs that are applicable to the Licensed aircraft engineer.
5. An aircraft has suffered structural damage due an accident/incident. Describe the inspection and management procedures and relevant paperwork for rectification.
6. You are a Part-145 company - what audits would the quality department need to carry out to retain the company approval? An organogram would help your answer.
7. Explain in some detail what areas of a 145 approved company need to be audited by the company's quality department. An organogram of the 145 structure may be helpful
8. Describe the JAR 66 License categories with experience requirements.
9. What are the maintenance requirements of a company under JAR OPS 1:890?
10. How would you convert BCAR to JAR license?
11. What are the relationships between the ANO, BCARs, JARs and AWNs. List the AWNs that are applicable to the Licensed Aircraft Engineer.
12. What are the considerations when moving a private category aircraft into the Commercial Air Transport category?
13. What organization system is required under JAR OPS Subpart M to support the continued airworthiness of its aircraft?
14. As an aircraft operator, how do you maintain your aircraft and what checks do you do?
15. Describe the process for attaining a JAR 66 license and detail the engineers’ responsibilities under JAR 145.
16. What are the considerations and certifications for release to service when a licensed engineer carries out a component replacement?
1. Describe in detail the effects of stress on an engineer and how environmental factors affect stress. Discuss how these affects can be minimized.
2. If a major skin repair was being carried out on an aircraft and you were the team leader, and the repair was not going to be completed within your shift period, how would you do a shift handover for the next shift?
3. Describe human error in aircraft maintenance and the inspection environment, and describe how it can be minimized.
4. There are many different types of maintenance error reporting schemes. Maintenance Error Decision Aid (MEDA) is one. Explain its implementation and how this is achieved within a company?
5. Name two pressures the engineer is subjected to, how they originate and how to prevent them
6. With regard to circadian rhythms, expand on the following: • What does 'circadian' mean?
• What is a 'circadian rhythm'?
• How is the body affected after a long flight over several time zones? • Ref. above - how can the effects be minimized?
• What is meant by 'post lunch low'?
• With respect to circadian rhythms, what is meant by 'acrophase'?
7. You are a shift leader carrying out a major airframe repair that will not be completed during your shift. How are you going to communicate this to the incoming shift with regards to outstanding work, data and spares?
8. What are the different types of stress encountered at the workplace, and as an employer, what are the ways to relieve stress of your employees?
7. What is the impact of human factors on:
a) Maintenance scheduling, and
b) Environmental factors
8. What are the human factors effecting the maintenance?
9. Describe ‘Maintenance Error Decision Aid’ (MEDA) and how is it utilized for accident prevention.
1. What is an oversize rivet and when would it be used?
2. Discuss the methods of protection against HIRF and the checks / inspections which would be carried out after a fault was entered in the tech log....