1. What does it mean when two sets of chromosomes are homologous? It means that each of the four chromosomes that come from the male parent has a corresponding chromosomes from the female parent.
2. Highlight the letter of each way to describe a diploid cell.
b. Contains two sets of homologous chromosomes
c. Contains a single set of homologous chromosomes
d. A gamete
3. Highlight the letter of the number of chromosomes in a haploid cell where 2n=8 .
a. 8 b. 4 c. 2 d. 0
4. Is the following sentence true or false? The diploid cell that enters meiosis becomes
4 haploid cells at the end of meiosis.false
5. How does a tetrad form in prophase I of meiosis? In prophase I, doubled homologous chromosomes group together to form a tetrad.
6. How many chromatids in a tetrad? No, there are 2 different sets of 2 sister chromatids each in a tetrad, for a total of 4 chromatids ,tetra = 4.
7. What results from the process of crossing-over during prophase I? During crossing-over, chromosomes of a homologous pair breaks and exchange genes.
8. Highlight the letter of each sentence that is true about meiosis.
a. During meiosis I, homologous chromosomes separate.
b. The two daughter cells produced by meiosis I still have the two complete sets of
chromosomes as a diploid cell does.
c. During anaphase II, the paired chromatids separate.
d. After meiosis II, the four daughter cells contain the diploid number of
9. Highlight the letter of each sentence that is true about mitosis and meiosis.
a. Mitosis produces four genetically different haploid cells.
b. Meiosis produces two genetically identical diploid cells.
c. Mitosis begins with a diploid cell.
d. Meiosis begins with a diploid cell.
10. At the beginning of meiosis, two homologous chromosomes pair up. These two homologous chromosomes are separated during meiosis I. Drag the chromosomes Below into the cells on the right. [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 12). Dsdsd. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Dsdsd-1322674.html
"Dsdsd" StudyMode.com. 12 2012. 2012. 12 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Dsdsd-1322674.html>.
- MLA 7
"Dsdsd." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 12 2012. Web. 12 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Dsdsd-1322674.html>.
"Dsdsd." StudyMode.com. 12, 2012. Accessed 12, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Dsdsd-1322674.html.