University of Phoenix
SOC315: Cultural Diversity
Dr. Abbas Khajeaian
October 21, 2007
The purpose of this paper is to describe a selected organization or workgroup that has
grown in population and diversity and to develop an action plan that has accurate information
best describing the trends in population growth and diversity within this organization. The
organization selected for this diversity action plan is Federal Express.
Diversity Action Plan
Organizations in every size are realizing the value of creating a plan to increase and manage diversity within their companies. The steps in developing this plan can include; assessing needs, defining goals and methods, open lines of communication, and evaluation. FedEx recognized early in its endeavors to become worldwide that diversity inclusion would be vital to this success.
As assessment of the firm’s needs is the first step toward developing this plan. Through consultation with managers, staff, customers and clients, this process can begin (Employer Resource Guide, 2004). The elements of an assessment of need may include:
• matching the diversity profile of the workforce at all levels to the diversity profile of clients/customers
• Is the workforce diverse enough to provide a broad range of ideas and perspectives
• Survey the customer base to determine if they know how they perceive the organization
• When hiring, is there a broad and diverse talent pool to choose from
• Is the organization competing with other organizations on an international level
• Are there communities which are currently under-served
• Do the employees feel included and respected at work
• Do the employees have the supports and training they need to achieve success in their work
• Are there any diversity-related services or supports that can put in place to increase employee productivity
• Has the company had... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2008, 08). Diversity Action Plan. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Diversity-Action-Plan-160107.html
"Diversity Action Plan" StudyMode.com. 08 2008. 08 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Diversity-Action-Plan-160107.html>.
"Diversity Action Plan." StudyMode.com. 08, 2008. Accessed 08, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Diversity-Action-Plan-160107.html.