DETTOL PORT FOLIO DETTOL SOAPS
• For Bruises & Cuts
• Insect bites
• Washing of clothes
• Mopping of floors
• Cleansing of skin
DETTOL PRICKLY POWDER
Available in two sizes 75gm and 200 gm
A new product Dettol Multipurpose cleaner recently launched and added in the Dettol family. Available in two variants floral and citrus.
The product is offered in 5 variants (2skus – 115 Gms and 70 Gms):
Original: Contains essence of the Dettol antiseptic solution
Skincare: Contains moisturizer for Skin care.
Active: Contains Active cleaning agent for Active cleaning.
Fresh: Contains Fresh scent for a Fresh feeling.
Sensitive: Contains Skin-friendly ingredients for Sensitive skin.
Price v/s non price competition
• Dettol soap is priced at retail price of Rs. 38.00 (115 gms) and Rs. 26.00 (70 gms) which is at a premium of Rs 3 and Rs. 2 to its competition (Safeguard and Lifebuoy).
Discounts and allowances
• RB give a special trade offer on Dettol Soap of 2% during the summer season so as to push to product into retail and an additional discount of 4 % to wholesalers to maximize loading in the channel and improved distribution when demand (consumer pull) is maximum.
• In addition, for the months of June to August – RB runs a special consumer promotion pack of three Dettol Soaps (in one package) with a Rs. 19 price off on a purchase of three soap bars. DISTRIBUTION STRATEGY
CHANNEL OF DISTRIBUTION FOR CONSUMER PRODUCT
There are 2 primary channels of distribution for Dettol soap:
Distributors and sub distributors:
• The company sells the products to its appointed distributors and sub distributors that are responsible for the distribution of pre-defined geographical areas who distribute it further to wholesalers and/or retailers.
Direct Delivery (Key Accounts)
• The company provides direct delivery to select large customers like institutional buyers of key accounts which sell directly to the consumer or to small retailers / end- consumer.
DISCOUNT REBATES FOR CUSTOMERS
Comapany allows a trade discount of 3%to trader and retailer on a order of more than Rs.30,000. This type of discount is not given to consumer and if trade wants to pay cash within 2 days then company allowing 6% discounts which includes the 3% trade discounts as well as 3%cash discounts.
ORDER TAKING PROCESS:
In order taking distributor appoint the sales team who makes a route plan of each area and then according to day they visit the retailer.
Sales team take the order after that they send the order request to Stock keeping Unit of the company. Then stock keeping unit provides the good according to that requisite. In delivery van according to order and given time, distributor’s sales team sends goods to the retailer.
The co uses CRM software. The company allows 45 days credit period and amount should not excess more than 2 lacs Rs.
PLAN JOURNEY CYCLE /SCHEDULING
In Plan Journey Cycle, company take the order after taking the order goods should provide in 7 days of order for that they make area wise scheduling means this day sales team have to visit particular area only and provide goods in next week same day.
Sales forecasting under the consideration of distributor
For the Year…
* In 1st Month we are going to advertise in all targeted areas. * But after 1st Month our target is at least 10 Hospitals/Hotel/Institutional areas per month. It means in whole year our target is near about 100 to 150 institutes. Which are ready to use only Lifebuoys products.
Sales of the year:
| Units per month
| Units in a year
| Per unit cost (After Discount)
| Hotel(100 rooms)
| Soap: 75unitsLiquid: 100 units
Please join StudyMode to read the full document