UNIVERSITI TEKNOLOGI MARA FINAL EXAMINATION
COURSE COURSE CODE EXAMINATION TIME
COMPUTER AND INFORMATION PROCESSING CSC133/134 SEPTEMBER 2011 2 HOURS
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES 1. This question paper consists of three (3) parts PART A (40 Questions) PART B (9 Questions) PART C (3 Questions)
Answer ALL questions from PART A and PART B and TWO (2) questions from PART C: i) ii) Answer PART A in the Objective Answer Sheet. Answer PART B and PART C in the Answer Booklet. Start each answer on a new page.
Do not bring any material into the examination room unless permission is given by the invigilator. Please check to make sure that this examination pack consists of: i) ii) iii) the Question Paper an Answer Booklet - provided by the Faculty an Objective Answer Sheet - provided by the Faculty
DO NOT TURN THIS PAGE UNTIL YOU ARE TOLD TO DO SO
This examination paper consists of 10 printed pages
i Hak Cipta Universiti Teknologi MARA
CONFIDENTIAL PART A (40 MARKS) Answer ALL questions.
1. The four steps of information system are A. B. C. D. Input -> Process -> Outputs Storage Data collection -> Output -> Input -> Process Process -> Input -> Output -^Storage Input -> Storage •¥ Output ^Retrieve
2. Below are categories of computers EXCEPT A. B. C. D. 3. Game Consoles Embedded Computer Supercomputer Server
is a series of related instructions, organized for a common purpose to tell the computer what task to perform. A. B. C. D. Data Information Software Peripheral
4. Which of the following is NOT the aspect of computer literacy? A. B. C. D. 5. A. B. C. D. Computer Computer Computer Computer :
definition application usage language is a case that contains electronic components used to process data.
CPU System unit System Software Processor
6. The component of the processor that directs and coordinates most of the operations in the computer is A. B. C. D. Arithmetic logic unit Control unit Input device Memory
© Hak Cipta Universiti Teknologi MARA
7. Below are the basic operations of a processor in machine cycle EXCEPT A. B. C. D. Fetching Storing Decoding Deleting
8. The processor relies on a small quartz crystal circuit called A. B. C. D. System circuit Digital clock Computer chip System clock
9. Which of the following statement is TRUE? A. B. C. D. 10. A. B. C. D. Most computers are analog Binary system is a number system that has three unique digits The smallest unit of data the computer can process is called bit The digit 0 represents the electronic state of ON refers to memory chips storing permanent instructions. ROM (Read Only Memory) Flash Memory RAM (Random Access Memory) Cache .
11. Two examples of input devices are A. B. C. D. Keyboard, Printer Printer, Mouse Scanner, Monitor Joystick, Scanner
12. Mobile computers and mobile device often have built in A. B. C. D. CRT LCD LED Plasma
13. Which of the following description of printer is NOT TRUE? A. A printer is an output device that produces text and graphics on physical medium. B. A nonimpact printer forms character and graphics on a piece of paper without actually striking the paper. C. Printer resolution is measured by the number of kilobytes per second. D. Photo printer is a colour printer that produces photo lab quality pictures.
© Hak Cipta Universiti Teknologi MARA
14. Arrange the following steps on how a hard disk works in correct orders. i. Head of actuator positions the read/write head arms over the correct location on the platter to read/write data ii. A small monitor spins the platter while the computer is running iii. Read/write heads determine the current or new location when software request disk access iv. Circuit board controls the movement of the head...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document