By definition : It is dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery or the action of making someone or something morally depraved or the state of being so.
There are many different types and forms of corrupt practices. Here are some examples:
Each type has different origins and characteristics, and therefore requires different solutions. * How corruption is started……….???????
* Corrupt practices begin as necessary evils,
often as a way of doing business.
* Soon they are taken for granted,
even accepted as fringe benefits.
* Then, inevitably, they spread,
and grow beyond control.
Despite large investments in controls, Sox and FCPA compliance, many corrupt practices are rapidly spreading throughout the world, infecting practically every institution -- and even our most private activities:
* No country, government, religious organization, business or area is immune. * World Bank, TI and other NGOs peg the cost at over U$ 2.6 trillion every year. * 4 out of every 5 companies had their results and/or reputation hurt last year. HOW CAN THIS BE STOPPED?
Organizations with very low incidence of corrupt practices -- whether companies or governments -- are not those with strict rules or heavy investment in systems and controls, but rather those who have 3 fundamental drivers of organizational integrity:
1) Strong Leadership Involvement
2) Sound Moral Architecture
3) Committed Human Capital
1) STRONG LEADERSHIP INVOLVEMENT:
* Most anti-corruption initiatives are reactions to some type of ethical breach. More often than not, they are discreet dismissals, followed by hastily prepared conduct codes aimed at preventing recurrence. These isolated measures don't work: at best, they send a message for others to be more careful. * Rarely do chief officers commit...