To achieve a competent result for this unit you must satisfactorily complete all the assessments requirements listed below. Assessments for these units are as follows:
Assessment Number| Type of Assessment | Description and location | Assessment Instrument 1| Work placement/Third Party Report| Your supervisor will conduct a work place observation where she /she will observe you in a work place setting demonstrating the practical application of the skills and knowledge that you have gained in relation to these units. Your supervisor is required to observe you performing tasks in the workplace using the checklist provided. During the observation your supervisor will make a judgment as to whether you have met the required skill level for the qualification, or if further practice is required. Instructions and checklist for work placement are in the supervised work placement booklet| Assessment Instrument 2 | Personal Journal| Instructions for the journal are in the supervised work placement booklet| Assessment Instrument 3| Short Questions| There are 62 short questions found in this booklet.You will be given the opportunity to respond to each question in your own words in a written format or in special cases verbally.| Assessment instrument 4| Case studies/Scenarios| There are 4 Case studies/scenarios in this booklet. Read the case studies given and answer the questions that follow. Use your own words in answering these case studies.| Instructions to the Student
Please read all the information given to you before you start any assessment task. If you do not understand some or all of the questions, please ask your trainer / assessor for assistance. If you are uncomfortable with any of these questions, please contact your assessor who will make alternative arrangements. Attempt to answer ALL questions in your own words on the assessment paper provided. The questions are designed to assess your understanding of the unit as well as your underpinning knowledge .To satisfactorily complete this assessment task you are required to complete the whole assessment. To do this you will need to answer all questions correctly and demonstrate you have achieved the required knowledge to industry standards. This assessment is intended to be fair and flexible. If you feel that we should change any aspect of this assessment to be fair, equitable or flexible, immediately contact your assessor who will attempt to make alternative arrangements. Please Note:
1. This assessment may be re-assessed upon appeal
2. Upon notification of your assessment results, your trainer/assessor is able to provide you with additional information on interpreting the assessment outcomes and guide you on your future options. Student’s name:
Assessment Instrument 3-Questions and Scenarios
SECTION 2 provides a healthy and safe environment
CHCCHILD401A Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
CHCCN301A Ensure the health and safety of children
CHCCN303A Contribute to provision of nutritionally balanced food in a safe and hygienic manner
1. What are your statutory and policy requirements for identifying, observing and reporting young people at risk of harm?
2. What ethical obligations do you have as stated in the NCAC’s (National Childcare Accreditation Council Inc) QIAS (Quality Improvement and Accreditation System) principles, service/centre policy and procedures, service agreements, ECA (Early Childhood Australia) Code of Ethics, Child Care Regulations 2003?
3. What legal instructions do child care workers need to be aware of in their work environment?
4. What does “duty of care” mean? Give an example of how you fulfil your duty of care responsibilities.
5. How does the service protect the confidentiality of the children and families it cares for?
6. Identify and discuss the key requirements of the service/centre policies and...