Case Study on Rayovac Rechargeable Batteries
Basic information about Batteries
* Household battery market are of many kinds – AAA, AA, C, D, 9-volt. * Consumers are using it more frequently as many players are coming with the usage of batteries. * Average spenders are spending 25$ where as heavy users spend around 250$. * Demands are going up because people are using products which needs high amount of cells battery and the products which are operated by battery. * Demands are increasing for the quality of the product.
* The sales are been done with few channels namely Mass Merchandisers, Traditional Grocery, Membership Clubs, Hardware/Automotive, Drug & Other store. * Mass Merchandisers was having the highest amount of sales generation with 34%. Information about Rayovac
* Rayovac was the third largest battery manufacturer.
* Products were sold in over million stores throughout various parts of the world. * The brand name was given in 1930s.
* They acquired many companies in many parts of the world to gain the market share. * Rayovac net sales came down by 17% in span of two years from 2002. Competition for Rayovac
* The retail market was seeing the cut throat competition. * There was competition even for the shelf space.
* Rayovac main competitors were Duracell and Energizer.
* Despite there deep pockets companies like Panasonic, sony, sanyo, Kodak & many other companies failed in this market. * Lastly these companies tried to sell less on the retail market and started using the batteries for their own use in supplying with the products. Innovation of Rechargeable Batteries
* Rechargeable batteries were same in shape & size but they can be charged. * It consisted of a very small market (5% in USA and 10% in Canada). * The rechargeable batteries were available for every kind of cell. * Duracell entered into the market with rechargeable batteries for AAA and AA batteries. *...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document