Basic information about Batteries
* Household battery market are of many kinds – AAA, AA, C, D, 9-volt.
* Consumers are using it more frequently as many players are coming with the usage of batteries.
* Average spenders are spending 25$ where as heavy users spend around 250$.
* Demands are going up because people are using products which needs high amount of cells battery and the products which are operated by battery.
* Demands are increasing for the quality of the product.
* The sales are been done with few channels namely Mass Merchandisers, Traditional Grocery, Membership Clubs, Hardware/Automotive, Drug & Other store.
* Mass Merchandisers was having the highest amount of sales generation with 34%.
Information about Rayovac
* Rayovac was the third largest battery manufacturer.
* Products were sold in over million stores throughout various parts of the world.
* The brand name was given in 1930s.
* They acquired many companies in many parts of the world to gain the market share.
* Rayovac net sales came down by 17% in span of two years from 2002.
Competition for Rayovac
* The retail market was seeing the cut throat competition.
* There was competition even for the shelf space.
* Rayovac main competitors were Duracell and Energizer.
* Despite there deep pockets companies like Panasonic, sony, sanyo, Kodak & many other companies failed in this market.
* Lastly these companies tried to sell less on the retail market and started using the batteries for their own use in supplying with the products.
Innovation of Rechargeable Batteries
* Rechargeable batteries were same in shape & size but they can be charged.
* It consisted of a very small market (5% in USA and 10% in Canada).
* The rechargeable batteries were available for every kind of cell.
* Duracell entered into the market with rechargeable batteries for AAA and AA... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 11). Case Study of Rayovac Batteries. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Case-Study-Of-Rayovac-Batteries-485542.html
"Case Study of Rayovac Batteries" StudyMode.com. 11 2010. 2010. 11 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Case-Study-Of-Rayovac-Batteries-485542.html>.
- MLA 7
"Case Study of Rayovac Batteries." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 11 2010. Web. 11 2010. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Case-Study-Of-Rayovac-Batteries-485542.html>.
"Case Study of Rayovac Batteries." StudyMode.com. 11, 2010. Accessed 11, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Case-Study-Of-Rayovac-Batteries-485542.html.