The Game with No Name
A friend of yours would like to capture the adventures of Lewis and Clark in a video game, but she needs your help. She wants the game to be awarded Top 10 Kudos like Super Mario, Rock Band, and SimCity. Read all the directions first and follow them carefully to get this new expedition rolling.
1. Evaluate each of the following websites and choose the three that provide the best explanation and description of the expedition. Explain each of your choices.
• Lewis and Clark http://www.pbs.org/lewisandclark/ • Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation http://www.lewisandclark.org • The Lewis and Clark Journey Log http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lewisandclark/journey_intro.html • Lewis and Clark The National Bicentennial Exhibition http://www.lewisandclarkexhibit.org/index_flash.html
• The Lewis and Clark The National Bicentennial Exhibition gave a lot of information starting from the first day of their adventure, giving insight on how real it was and what they needed and saw in their journey.
• The Lewis and Clark the journey of a corps discover gave a lot of information as well. “The Corps” gives biographical information about the members of the Corps of Discovery, from the most famous to the least known. The “To Equip an Expedition” provides a partial list of the supplies Lewis and Clark brought on the expedition. “Circa 1803” puts the expedition into a historical and political context, investigating popular misconceptions of the West, as well as Jefferson’s motivations for exploring it.
• The Lewis and Clark journey log shows everything they encountered until the end of the gun firing salutes of their welcome back.
2. Write a two or three sentence description for each website you selected in Question 1. Be sure to highlight its most informative features.
Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation
This site keeps the Lewis and Clark Expedition alive in the modern world. At the same time, it also gives comprehensive background about the exploration, including FAQs, a history of the expedition, and a roster and genealogy chart of participants. It could be especially important in developing game characters.
• http://www.lewisandclarkexhibit.org/index_flash.html Lewis and Clark The National Bicentennial Exhibition. This site gives a lot of interaction which also keeps the lesson from becoming boring and more interactive making the reader want to learn more.
3. Now suggest three possible game names that are both exciting and descriptive.
• “Lewis and Clarke, Adventure fun.”
• “Lewis and Clarke exploring Louisiana.”
• “West Unknown.”
4. Here are some other websites your friend could check in order to get additional information about the expedition. Which two would you recommend first and why?
• List of Supplies for the Expedition http://www.pbs.org/lewisandclark/inside/idx_equ.html • Circa 1803 – Historical Background of the Times http://www.pbs.org/lewisandclark/inside/idx_cir.html • Sacagawea http://www.pbs.org/lewisandclark/inside/saca.html
• Circa 1803 – Historical background of the Times. This gave a lot of historical background before the start and the drive that made the expedition possible.
• Sacagawea http://www.pbs.org/lewisandclark/inside/saca.html This is also good information because it not only...